Hiding to Avoid US Child Support

BurnedMama
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Old55 said:

His passport will not be renewed. If he got a passport in 2008 he has two years left until it must be renewed.

Just so you know some of the Expat members here are married to younger Filipinos. Agree or not we don't judge that here.

My opinion... you're ex should support his children but I don't think there is any action you can take while he resides in Philippines 

I make no judgment on any one.   I was not commending my ex for his marriage either.  I don't care what he does in his personal life.  I think he has residency there now so Passport wont matter one way of the other.    I was just hoping someone there that knows the laws of the country might give me some useful guidance.  But thanks 

robert k
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, BurnedMama said:

I make no judgment on any one.   I was not commending my ex for his marriage either.  I don't care what he does in his personal life.  I think he has residency there now so Passport wont matter one way of the other.    I was just hoping someone there that knows the laws of the country might give me some useful guidance.  But thanks 

I think he would need a passport no matter what excepting he achieved Filipino citizenship (not easy to come by), not residency.

Edited by robert k
  • Like 2

BurnedMama
Posted
Posted
Just now, robert k said:

I think he would need a passport no matter what excepting he achieved Filipino citizenship (not easy to come by), not residency.

Thank You very much . I will look into it.  I figured once you had residency you most likely had a Filipino passport

Balisidar
Posted
Posted (edited)

I think your best bet would be to consult a lawyer who specializes in international law or agreements with countries regarding dead beat dads.  Another area to look into would be US housing and human services office of the inspector General.  A private investigator would only help in actually locating the guy (at extreme cost I'm sure) but you'd still need a lawyer and/or the government for enforcement.

Good luck.

Edited by Balisidar
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
jon1
Posted
Posted

I would start here http://www.acf.hhs.gov/css/resource/overview-of-the-passport-denial-program As others have said, once he tries to renew his passport it will be revoked and he will be forced to return to the US to get it reinstated after he pays off the debt. 

It is not a good spot to be in.

• Like 2

Nephi
Posted
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, jon1 said:

I would start here http://www.acf.hhs.gov/css/resource/overview-of-the-passport-denial-program As others have said, once he tries to renew his passport it will be revoked and he will be forced to return to the US to get it reinstated after he pays off the debt. 

It is not a good spot to be in.

Jon has the best info here that I can see. The only difference of oppinion I have is that when his passport is canceled or not renewed for past payments not made he will simply be stuck here and unable to leave. He will be in overstay status with immigration. That said, law here means very little and enforcement just does not happen. Now, if he is wanted in the US for murder, kidnapping, armed robbery or the like, the US can ask them here to try to locate, arrest, and send him back to the US. But for child support in my opinion it is a lost cause. This is an underdeveloped 3rd world country and as stated, an attorney will take your money with no results. It also would be very unwise (safety wise) to NOT attempt to come here and find him on your own. His new family, if he has one, could do most anything to protect him and your very life could be in danger. I'm a guy that has been married in the US before and now married with a great family and kids here in the islands. But I have no use for dead-beat dads that do that kind of thing. I just think that what you are trying to do is noble and in most cases right. But here--would be a lost cause.

With the very best of wishes in life with your children,

Nephi

Edited by Nephi
Adjust Text
  • Like 2

Reboot
Posted
Posted (edited)

I dislike deadbeats as much as anyone but it seems to me someone got too greedy so the bird flew. Sometimes it's better not to demand too much, then at least you get something. Otherwise...the bird migrates to somewhere where you get nothing but he Lives Like A King On $1000 Per Month. And with a local woman too. How much you want to bet he doesn' t already have other kids running around? And they're a bargain by comparison. Plus it's 3 to 1 odds you initiated the divorce because that is the statistic. Woman choose. Man pay. 

$300k in 10 years...will you find him? 

f7a5e5acfc5e88de76b775a8866a1fb2fcf1b64b

Edited by Reboot
  • Like 4

PaulB
Posted
Posted

Hi

In my opinion to come on a forum like this to try and track someone down who is an alleged dead beat dad is like trying to find a personal email in Hilary's inbox!

If you are serious seek the correct support from the correct people and do the dirty laundry in private.

Just my point and no harm intended but better places to find the right help.

Good luck.

Paul

• Like 5