US Alert for Southern Cebu

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I was reading somewhere this Morning about a US Embassy Alert (Warning) dated today 3/11/16 about Hostage (Possible) taking as near as Dalguete I cant get a Link but has anyone else seen or read this news.

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted

It was distributed in an email from the Embassy.

United States Embassy Manila
Security Message for U.S. Citizens:  Risk of Kidnapping in Southern Cebu

November 03, 2016

The U.S. Embassy alerts U.S. citizens that terrorist groups are planning to conduct kidnappings in areas frequented by foreigners on the southern portion of Cebu Island, specifically the areas around Dalaguete and Santander (to include Sumilon Island).

U.S. citizens should avoid travel to these areas and are reminded to review personal security plans; remain aware of their surroundings, including local events; and monitor local news stations for updates.  Be vigilant and take appropriate steps to enhance your personal security.  

Furthermore, the Embassy wishes to remind all U.S. citizens of the most recent Department of State Worldwide Caution, dated September 13, 2016, which indicates there is an ongoing threat of terrorist actions and violence against United States citizens and interests abroad, including the Philippines.  Extremists have targeted sporting events, theaters, markets, mass transportation systems – including airlines, and other public venues where large crowds gather.  Crowded nightclubs, shopping malls, buses, and popular restaurants have also been targets.  The Embassy reminds U.S. citizens of the importance of taking preventative measures to ensure their safety and security while traveling and residing in the Philippines‎. 

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, AlwaysRt said:

It was distributed in an email from the Embassy.

Thumbs up Fonz..jpg Cheers for this Cheers.jpg:thumbsup:

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, jpbago said:

Plus the terrorists know that they will not get any ransom money from those with a Canada Hat.

I wonder how they would cope with a Shirt bearing this?

China tshirt logo.jpg  Oooops.jpg embarrased  man.jpg I see it says made in San Francisco! maybe not then.:console:

seriously  though, Lets be careful out there EH? Whatever Nationality

Edited by Jack Peterson
added a line.
  • Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Same as Australian Government, they are as tight as a fish's ar..e and that's watertight!

I am going to stock up on Oz caps before I come over next year.

• Like 4

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

Well seeing as every long nose is called "Joe" why not wear a T shirt with the slogan...My name is not Joe.

Just another point to check out, if travelling in an area considered unsafe, against Government advice, will that invalidate

your Travel insurance. :popcorn:

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Just as well you left Dulaguete when you did Kev!  But like me, they would be wasting their time, they would not get much.