US Alert for Southern Cebu

Bruce
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

CANADA HATS for sale (just a joke JGF, not advertising) ONLY $50.  Now the terrorists won't confuse you with an American.

Eh?

• Like 2

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Another way of looking at this is that it is another shot across the bow from the Americans. The majority of Americans (present company excepted) are so risk adverse, that if they see a warning like this, they will avoid the Philippines completely.

Or in other words, "You want to make our folks get visas? We will just tell them not to go there!"

I know, I know, I am probably wrong, but I like to look for meanings behind the meanings :crack-up:

• Like 5

intrepid
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

CANADA HATS for sale (just a joke JGF, not advertising) ONLY $50.  Now the terrorists won't confuse you with an American.

I guess I should take one.  Do you take cc or cod?:shades:

bows00
Posted
Posted

Now how does this affect Dumaguete?  Too bad, already bought my tickets.  I'm going.  

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, bows00 said:

Now how does this affect Dumaguete?  Too bad, already bought my tickets.  I'm going.  

No problems Yet and hope it stays that way.:thumbsup:

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, intrepid said:

Do you take cc or cod?

No cod.  In Canada we fished 'em all out eh.

• Like 2

Nephi
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, scott h said:

Another way of looking at this is that it is another shot across the bow from the Americans. The majority of Americans (present company excepted) are so risk adverse, that if they see a warning like this, they will avoid the Philippines completely.

Or in other words, "You want to make our folks get visas? We will just tell them not to go there!"

I know, I know, I am probably wrong, but I like to look for meanings behind the meanings :crack-up:

Ya know, you might be just about right -- at least in part. I have not seen or read about any other country issuing a warning as yet.

Oh,, I suppose there is good reason for the warning but anymore, this warning could be abount any location in the Philippines.

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)

In 2001 against all advice I visited the Philippines.

I never felt threatened although I was accompanied by two soldiers :smile:

Been back quite a few times since (minus the soldiers) and the only time I felt uneasy was in Mindanao about four years ago

However the world has changed alot even in the last couple of years, no matter where you visit, that's why it's important to take stock of information available, like this forum.

"Too many of us are not living our dreams, because we are living our fears"

Les Brown

Edited by Kuya John
formatting?
  • Like 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
23 minutes ago, Kuya John said:

"Too many of us are not living our dreams, because we are living our fears"

Too many of us are not living our dreams, because we are listening to people who have never been within 10,000 miles of the Philippines.

• Like 5

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, AlwaysRt said:

Too many of us are not living our dreams, because we are listening to people who have never been within 10,000 miles of the Philippines.

I trust you are not referring to me my friend :thumbsup:

My Bohol | Flickr

My trip to Philippines May/June 2014 | Flickr

Dumaguete Friends and places | Flickr

Leyte Tacloban | Flickr

• Like 1