US Alert for Southern Cebu

robert k
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, Queenie O. said:

I think it's just mee-too-ism. I can't believe that the other countries were being lax or that the US was just so "on the ball" that they came to the conclusion first. Canada and the UK probably waited a while before making their announcement trying to find something the US saw that they were missing? so as not to appear lax. I believe the Uk and Canada mulled it over and eventually decided that it couldn't hurt to issue their own warnings, just in case.:smile:

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, robert k said:

Canada and the UK probably waited a while before making their announcement trying to find something the US saw that they were missing?

I seriously doubt their interest in the Philippines is that profound.  My guess is that Canada and the UK simply asked the US diplomat in their respective countries to share the reasons for the announcement, then said something like:  Sure, that sounds good.  We'll do that too.

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I seriously doubt their interest in the Philippines is that profound.  My guess is that Canada and the UK simply asked the US diplomat in their respective countries to share the reasons for the announcement, then said something like:  Sure, that sounds good.  We'll do that too.

Which would probably be an apt description of my made up word "mee-too-ism". But then your reply wouldn't really fit then now would it? Just restating what I already said if you took the whole quote?:hystery:

Edited by robert k
  • Like 1