Hisense Smart TV Model 32K220

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Hisense Smart TV Model 32K220 is the cheapest new Smart TV I have seen, so I bought one in Robinson's Appliances.  For under 10,000 pesos I figured I could not go wrong and it does seem to be working, with one problem.  Maybe one of you techie guys can help with this.

The TV I bought was a floor model so I watched the salesman test it and it worked fine.  Note that he was using the 'store remote' which works on all the sets of that brand.  Then he packed it all away and I carted it off home.

Once I set it up I could not get the new remote, (that comes in the box with the tv), to work on this TV.  Yes the batteries are good.  There is a test that I tried where you aim the remote at a cell phone video camera and press a button.  This shows a light which means the remote is working.

So I have a TV that works.  I know the remote sensor on the TV works as that was demonstrated in store.  I know the remote I have works.  But it does not work on this TV, even thought it is new and in the box with the TV.  Strange and bizarre.

Another twist to the story is that the salesman in Robinsons wanted to charge me 1000 pesos to come to my house and "set up" the tv for me.  I thought that was weird as TVs just get plugged in and turned on.  I have a deep seated suspicion of this kind of sales tactic and I am concerned he may have purposely buggered something up so I have to pay him that 1,000 to come set this up.

Anyway, that's my problem of the day.  Comments?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I am inclined to agree, I had the same sort of Problem but as it was just a TV Replacement there was no setting up with the Surround, 4 Plugs and away you go but they did try it on.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Hisense Smart TV Model 32K220 is the cheapest new Smart TV I have seen, so I bought one in Robinson's Appliances.  For under 10,000 pesos I figured I could not go wrong and it does seem to be working, with one problem.  Maybe one of you techie guys can help with this.

The TV I bought was a floor model so I watched the salesman test it and it worked fine.  Note that he was using the 'store remote' which works on all the sets of that brand.  Then he packed it all away and I carted it off home.

Once I set it up I could not get the new remote, (that comes in the box with the tv), to work on this TV.  Yes the batteries are good.  There is a test that I tried where you aim the remote at a cell phone video camera and press a button.  This shows a light which means the remote is working.

So I have a TV that works.  I know the remote sensor on the TV works as that was demonstrated in store.  I know the remote I have works.  But it does not work on this TV, even thought it is new and in the box with the TV.  Strange and bizarre.

Another twist to the story is that the salesman in Robinsons wanted to charge me 1000 pesos to come to my house and "set up" the tv for me.  I thought that was weird as TVs just get plugged in and turned on.  I have a deep seated suspicion of this kind of sales tactic and I am concerned he may have purposely buggered something up so I have to pay him that 1,000 to come set this up.

P1000 is a couple of days of work for him.  If you wanted it delivered and setup, Robinson's would charge a lot less.

Take the remote back to the store and have them show you that it works.

• Like 3

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted

Is it a multi-function remote? If so maybe you accidentally hit the dvd... button and need to hit the "TV" button to control the TV again. Have you tried the "setup" or "menu" buttons? Maybe take the batteries out for a few minutes and put them back in will reset it. make sure the remote has an unobstructed shot at the TV as some are more sensitive than others. I have a Hisense "dumb" TV and the remote worked fine out of the box. Other than that I have no clue what to try.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
39 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

Is it a multi-function remote? If so maybe you accidentally hit the dvd... button and need to hit the "TV" button to control the TV again. Have you tried the "setup" or "menu" buttons? Maybe take the batteries out for a few minutes and put them back in will reset it. make sure the remote has an unobstructed shot at the TV as some are more sensitive than others. I have a Hisense "dumb" TV and the remote worked fine out of the box. Other than that I have no clue what to try.

I appreciate all the advice  I had already done everything you suggest here but open to more suggestions.  I shall have to take the remote to Robinsons and get them to show me it works on another Hisense, I suppose.  The Internet said something about pressing 2 buttons at the same time while close to the TV screen but I could not find the right 2 buttons, if indeed that is what is needed.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I thought that was weird as TVs just get plugged in and turned on.

Not in my experience, you still have to tune it in, set the buttons to the remote control channels that you want to frequently use. But thats not what your problem is at the moment but surely there were instructions in the box for the remote?

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted

Which Robinson Appliances did you get that at? I have been looking to get something similar, the one at the mall has the 40" for p16,500 so the 32" looks like a good deal if I can find one.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
52 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

Which Robinson Appliances did you get that at?

Downstairs at the downtown location, but since I bought the floor model you may have to ask for them to bring in another on.  It was on sale from 10,900 down to 9,600 so seemed like the time to buy.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
58 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

surely there were instructions in the box for the remote?

Yes. Just aim at the TV and press TV and then On.  But the instructions in the box are for first time use and it has already been in use as a floor model.  I even reset to factory settings but no go.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Yes. Just aim at the TV and press TV and then On.

Reminds me of a phone conversation l had with my poor old mum once, she says can you hold on as she just needed to go to the CR, sure I Can wait. She comes back on the phone but I could hardly hear her, I said what have you done to the phone as it's hard to hear and sort of sounded weird, turned out she was holding the wireless phone upside down. Not saying that would be your problem :smile:

• Like 4