Hisense Smart TV Model 32K220

robert k
Posted
Posted

Worst case, go down and buy a programmable universal remote, it should cost a lot less than 1k php!

• Like 3

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Your Mum is OK JGF, mine is 94 years old and advanced alzimers.  If I gave her a phone, she would say, 'what is this'?

Gator
Posted
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Update:  I finally got around to going back to Robinson's Appliances today.  I planned to ask WTF was wrong with my tv that the remote does not work but as I walked into the store, the salesman came up with a smile and said:  "Are you here about the remote?"  Then he talked to Yvonne in Visayan and said lots of people have been coming in to complain that their remote does not work and then he just gave us a new one.  I asked him to test it on a Smart TV he has on display and it worked there.  So fingers crossed it will work when I go upstairs and try it on my TV. :SugarwareZ-004:

Sounds like you may have gotten it solved.

I was going to suggest (and may still be useful for others) that the remote may have a 3 or 4 digit code that has to be entered for it to work and link up to the TV. Since a universal remote was used at the store then perhaps the code neeeded to be reset. Usually you can find the code inside the battery compartment, in the users manual or on the manufacturers website. 

Edited by Gator
  • Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 11/3/2016 at 9:12 PM, AlwaysRt said:

Which Robinson Appliances did you get that at? I have been looking to get something similar, the one at the mall has the 40" for p16,500 so the 32" looks like a good deal if I can find one.

They have them at the main Robinsons I bought one nearly 6 months ago and have had no problems.

Edited by sonjack2847
remove tex
  • Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I'm finding out that this Hisense Smart TV is an Ipad clone so can't use regular Windows aps.  Are all Smart TVs based on the Apple platform?

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
34 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I'm finding out that this Hisense Smart TV is an Ipad clone so can't use regular Windows aps.  Are all Smart TVs based on the Apple platform?

That is a new one to me. What apps are you trying to use?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
27 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

What apps are you trying to use?

I'm just trying to load up Iflix because its much cheaper than Netflix (which comes preloaded on the Smart TV).  Iflix won't play through the browser on the TV and a pop up tells me I must install the app.  I tried to go to Itunes to download it but they say if it is a real Ipad then it already has the Itunes app store loaded.  So now I am going to try Appster which says the Ipad version of Iflix is available.  I've been putting it off as this Smart TV is a bugger to do anything with.  Slow Internet speeds don't help either.  I used to have great PLDT service but as time goes by and more people move into the area (and sign up for basic PLDT DSL service) my speeds have dropped to barely passable for streaming if you don't mind lots of buffering.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

So now I am going to try Appster which says the Ipad version of Iflix is available.

Crap, that didn't work.  Appster is just a search engine that finds the app on Itunes where I already knew it was.  TV does not seem to want to download anything anyway.  Seems its a Dumb Smart TV 

:SugarwareZ-004:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Crap, that didn't work.  Appster is just a search engine that finds the app on Itunes where I already knew it was.  TV does not seem to want to download anything anyway.  Seems its a Dumb Smart TV 

:SugarwareZ-004:

Well the guy did offer to set it up :smile:

• Like 1