High Price of Coffee

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Guy F. said:

With Folgers you are doubtlessly paying import duty.

I would accept that, except for the fact I can buy it at S+R for half the price they want at Robinsons.  I can't justify that and I can't get to S+R that often.  So I shall buy a cheaper brand. :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...
Eddie1
Posted
Posted
On ‎07‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 3:40 AM, Dave Hounddriver said:

I would accept that, except for the fact I can buy it at S+R for half the price they want at Robinsons.  I can't justify that and I can't get to S+R that often.  So I shall buy a cheaper brand. :thumbsup:

Dave, Is there an S+R in Duma or elsewhere on Negros?  Or is that a trip to Cebu?

:89:

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

500 Pesos plus is a small price to pay for good Don Francisco's Colombian coffee since I don't smoke or drink alcoholic beverages. That's my choice when at home here. 

When at the mall, I'll stop just about anywhere they serve brewed coffee. Coffee for me will always be cheaper  than downing  a few San Miguel's or a pack of smokes. 

• Like 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Eddie1 said:

Is there an S+R in Duma or elsewhere on Negros?

I do my S&R shopping in either Cebu or Alabang and only get in there about twice a year.  There are none on this island that I know of.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
snowridr
Posted
Posted

There is a S&R in Nuvali south of Binan that we went too a month ago, just as good as Alabang and we didn't have to fight traffic driving north on the SLEX to get there.

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

Thats where we are going tomorrow S&R Nuvali Ist thing is a slice of their garlic prawn Pizza and a large coke, yummy !

then do the shopping bulk buying soap powder and rice and bars of soap and course the most important thing my bottle

of Southern comfort, and some of their cakes and cookies ! then at the end another large refill of coke !

Then its off to the JOs doughnut shop before we go to the Japanese surplus in Santa Rosa then SM, oh what a busy day !

virginprune
Posted
Posted

Not only coffee can be expensive, being English the price of tea is of importance as well. Last year the price of Liptons ( I know ) box of 50 teabags was P56, now the price is P150, a huge increase. I now buy Susan Baker Ceylon teabags for P51.26 for 25, these are the only brands available down my way. Your shopping may vary!

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, virginprune said:

Ceylon teabags

Funny how Ceylon became Sri Lanka in 1972 but the companies still market Ceylon tea,

• Like 3

not so old china hand
Posted
Posted
40 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Funny how Ceylon became Sri Lanka in 1972 but the companies still market Ceylon tea,

Yes and it's still Peking Duck :56da64aa52228_23_9_101:

• Like 3

RBM
Posted
Posted

The SO is into this and i am into drinking it. She has several KGs at a time sent down from a place in Benguet, mostly green beans as she roasts it. They have an excellent selection of green and roasted beans at good prices. Best of all super good to deal with.