US Elections

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

At the time of writing it's looking like the Trump has stuck his fingers up at the media. The dollar is slipping and the Asian markets falling also. There's even rumours that Clinton has escaped to Brazil and asked for sanctuary :mocking:. The thing I want to know is with a population near 319 million, how did Trump and Clinton come out as the two people selected to represent the USA on the World Stage?

• Like 3

Nephi
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

The thing I want to know is with a population near 319 million, how did Trump and Clinton come out as the two people selected to represent the USA on the World Stage?

The luck of the draw. Gonna be an interesting 4 years it looks like.

• Like 1

Nephi
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Not sure about that but I heard a rumor that the Canadian Immigration website crashed . . . due to all the people who said they were moving to Canada if Trump wins. :hystery:

Better it's Canada. Can you imagine if all the retirees knew about the Philippines? This would be the next snowbird destination and we would probably not be able to afford living here :Caught:

Edited by Nephi
Adjust Text
  • Like 2

Nephi
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Nephi said:

Better it's Canada. Can you imagine if all the retirees knew about the Philippines? This would be the next snowbird destination and we would probably not be able to afford living here :Caught:

Right now at about 3pm, the dollar to peso exchange rate is 48.88 pesos per dollar. I'm heading to the bank in the morning and take out some pesos!

• Like 3

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Sadly it's not all sunshine and rainbows in Canada either. I had the pleasure of living in Western Canada for a few years. Fantastic people but their health service sucks. 

• Like 3

robert k
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Not sure about that but I heard a rumor that the Canadian Immigration website crashed . . . due to all the people who said they were moving to Canada if Trump wins. :hystery:

You can't get better than people who self deport.

• Like 4

Nephi
Posted
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

Sadly it's not all sunshine and rainbows in Canada either. I had the pleasure of living in Western Canada for a few years. Fantastic people but their health service sucks. 

I thought Canada has or had free medical for people there. Never heard much about it other than they had some form of Govt medical.

Edited by Nephi
  • Like 1

Nephi
Posted
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, robert k said:

You can't get better than people who self deport.

I read that Whoopie Goldberg said she was leaving if Trump won. Then I read that several people offered to buy her the one way ticket to a distanation of her choice. Haven't heard any more from her-Hahaha!

Edited by Nephi
  • Like 5