US Elections

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, bows00 said:

I'm getting ready to buy a lot of stocks tomorrow - the market does not like uncertainty and will undergo a significant drop (maybe 5%?).

Yup, me too.  Although it looks like the initial buying opportunity will not be as large as thought.  DOW futures were down 800 earlier today and now are down only 232 just before opening.

Reboot
Posted
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Yup, me too.  Although it looks like the initial buying opportunity will not be as large as thought.  DOW futures were down 800 earlier today and now are down only 232 just before opening.

Biotechnology and pharma are in a rally now that hillary''s threat of price controls has been lifted.

Edited by Reboot
  • Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
55 minutes ago, Reboot said:

Biotechnology and pharma are in a rally now that hillary''s threat of price controls has been lifted.

Bought a biotech fund that is down 40% from it's peak in July '15.  Hopefully it resumes the upward trend it had for the past 25 years.

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Interesting footnote to the election results. As Trump's lead increased, the Canadian Immigration websites started crashing from overload. I wonder if there was a similar spike for Philippine websites.

• Like 1

bows00
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, bows00 said:

Man, didn't see this coming.  I previously posted I didn't think he had a chance, but I guess the US just wants a change from the Obama administration - and from Obamacare.  

I'm getting ready to buy a lot of stocks tomorrow - the market does not like uncertainty and will undergo a significant drop (maybe 5%?).  

That's strike two for me.  Stocks are up 1.1% today.  The only thing I know is that I am living in a world that no longer makes any sense...and I could even be wrong at that!  I am dumbfounded - I am better off NOT making any more predictions...  bows00 out!

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Happyhorn52 said:

All of the trade deals made in the last 25 years seem to benefit wealthy business owners and do nothing for the average worker. 

That is the main point I have against trump... he made so money off the system do you really think he will change it?  No, now it is his kids turn to make money.  I do hope he does a good job, so America continues to do well... but I do not expect any good from him.

• Like 3

Nephi
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, bows00 said:

That's strike two for me.  Stocks are up 1.1% today.  The only thing I know is that I am living in a world that no longer makes any sense...and I could even be wrong at that!  I am dumbfounded - I am better off NOT making any more predictions...  bows00 out!

Amen Bro! Hopefully things will fall back into place within a few years. With the rest of the world going nuts, there were bound to be problems back home too. I do think though that as usual, us Americans will allow ourselves to be pushed but only up to a point. After that we will retake ground and fix things one way or another. We are not supposed to use this forum for US political agendas, but I think it goes beyond political at this point and becomes a cultural thing that borders on survival as a nation. America is a choice land above all others and I still think that in time, things will work out for the good of our people, our nation, and even the world in eventually..

Nephi

Edited by Nephi
Spelling

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Bought a biotech fund that is down 40% from it's peak in July '15.  Hopefully it resumes the upward trend it had for the past 25 years.

Man, I got "burned" on my buy of this biotec fund!  Not exactly, but it would have been nice to have the foresight to have bought it one day earlier!  When I put in the order around 11 am eastern it was up a bit less than a buck a share.  The closing price for the day was up over $17, 10%!  So that was my buy price.  I hope the trend continues.  This is a long term purchase.

Edited by OnMyWay

WordsandMusic
Posted
Posted

I tried to write about what is going on here but it keeps getting shut down. So I guess the US elections stuff isn't permitted here. The Left is everywhere, like agents of the dark side they mute the voice of the real people. the ones that pay the taxes and give crying protestors free college. 

Let me just say things are going well! The stock markets are burning like rockets and the tax paying Americans are excited and optimistic abut our future. 

Duturte is excited and reaching out twice now to Trump. 

Many coming out of the shadows, stating they voted for Trump and have always been in that camp.

We are seeing the greatest election in the history of America. 

In the movie The Postman, Costner stated to the Pony express riders,

"Things Are Getting Better All The Time!"

Well they are, so be happy. 

• Like 1