dramatic increase in power bill.

Pangit
Posted
Posted

Our power bill has gone from about 3k per month to 8k. In 1 month.

We have actually cut.down on usage over the last month as it has been raining.

We have 1 ref, water cooler, tv, lights and an aircon that we use lightly, when we do use it we keep it on about 25 degrees and that just to keep the humidity down.

Two of us live here in a 2 bedroom house.

8k is just plain wrong. I am thinking aomehow someone is using our power, just I cannot see anything obvious in the disgraceful rats nest of power cables.

Hmmm. I complained and they will send a tech out on Monday.  8k a month? Thats bullsh1t and I wont put up with it.

Maybe the AC has gone bung and chewing threw the power. I dont know.

8k for 2 poeple in a tiny.little house

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
37 minutes ago, Pangit said:

I cannot see anything obvious in the disgraceful rats nest of power cables.

Has to be after the meter, not before.

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Pangit said:

Bad Kev Bad, I have sent a Pm now I am back on line

Nephi
Posted
Posted

I would have a supervisor from your power company come and the two of you inspect the power line between your meter and your house. Most likely cause is night time illegal jumper being attached to your line by a neighbor. Anyone close to you have a new aircon??? That's a good place to start. If that's not the problem I'd suggest having the power company replace your meter even if you have to pay for the new one.

Nephi

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)

Were you the same fellow that mentioned someone from the power company coming and telling you that you were stealing power and he was going to cut you off if you did not give him 1,000 pesos?

EDIT:  Yep, here it is.  Looks like it was not a scam and you should have listened to the guy

On 9/16/2016 at 8:21 PM, Pangit said:

He said we have been stealing electricity and he has reported us, we will be prosecuted and subjected to a minimum 100,000 pesos fine.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 1

Pangit
Posted
Posted

Dave, twas me mate.

Perhaps there really was a frig in the meter. 

The bill the month he came was about 3k

next month 5.5k

this month 8.3k

The month he came it was really hot so we ran the AC all the time. But then it cooled down, the rains came so we only have th AC on occassionaly. So we have drastically cut down our usage.

Am I mistaken to think 8.3k is too much for a shoebox house lived in by two people? I mean we only have 4 ceiling lights in the house.

What sort bills do others get each month?

kalibojerry
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Pangit said:

We have actually cut.down on usage over the last month as it has been raining.

We have 1 ref, water cooler, tv, lights and an aircon that we use lightly, when we do use it we keep it on about 25 degrees and that just to keep the humidity down.

Two of us live here in a 2 bedroom house.

8k is just plain wrong. I am thinking aomehow someone is using our power, just I cannot see anything obvious in the disgraceful rats nest of power cables.

Hmmm. I complained and they will send a tech out on Monday.  8k a month? Thats bullsh1t and I wont put up with it.

Maybe the AC has gone bung and chewing threw the power. I dont know.

8k for 2 poeple in a tiny.little house

I have the same problem went and made a complaint they are going to check the meter , I have had trouble when they turn the power off to fix the lines when it comes back on the meter runs crazy they have replaced the meter and now they tell me if it continues it could be the wires in my apartment my usage has doubled which is wrong so we will see

robert k
Posted
Posted
40 minutes ago, Pangit said:

Dave, twas me mate.

Perhaps there really was a frig in the meter. 

The bill the month he came was about 3k

next month 5.5k

this month 8.3k

The month he came it was really hot so we ran the AC all the time. But then it cooled down, the rains came so we only have th AC on occassionaly. So we have drastically cut down our usage.

Am I mistaken to think 8.3k is too much for a shoebox house lived in by two people? I mean we only have 4 ceiling lights in the house.

What sort bills do others get each month?

8.3k sounds like too much to me. Without aircon or a fridge but with a computer on all the time, fans running when I was home, washing 2-3 loads of laundry a week, induction cooktop, rice cooker I averaged 700 php a month. 

The better question would be did you shut off the main breaker to the house and see if the meter is still turning, as someone asked before?

If it is all you and nobody stealing power, it will be the ref or the aircon...or the meter was bad from installation. 

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

Way over the top !!! our bill for oct was 1822pesos !

We run 2 fridges 2 fans in the kitchen añd we have a large Fan in the living room that runs almost  all day ( but its a 220 v fan that we run on 110v so its quieter and only uses 24 watts inc the Avr power supply) in the bedroom again we use the aircon until its shuts off at the right temp then we have 2 220v fans running again on 110v with another Avr power supply .

We also have a student who stays in our extended bayo kubo and she uses 1 fan on 220 v.

Our highest bill was this year was for sept which was 2385 pesos but that was because we had family staying.

we also run a washing m/c our highest usage is our kettle an george forman grill.

8000 pesos seems to me the whole barangay is connected to your home !

We have had builders using welding gear and drills  etc but none of our bills are nowhere

Near 8000 pesos !! hope you find the problem soon.

• Like 1