Volume based IT useage

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

:89: Hmmmmmmm having taken Advantage (wrongly) of a new Connection System) I have been without Connection for 3 Days Now, just to say beware of any suppliers Agents calling (personally or Phone) and not giving the right information.

A Now known Dubious Smart (PLDT) Agent has had the Sack because she told my Wife we could Migrate from 3mbs (Unlimited) to 5 mbs on the same contract and no additional Fee. It turns out that it went from the Canopy version (Unlimited) to Ultera version at a 50 gig volume cap This was never going to be done if we had known that it was Volume Based, Yes! you can buy extra volume but in my case they had totally F******d up the account and nothing was working as it should because the Accounts Department were never told of the Migration + She (My wife) was told that the Contract would carry over, NOT so, it was a new one that we never agreed to. Anyway the Conversation (Phone) between the Agent and Azon has been recovered and she has been Dismissed for giving False and Totally misleading Information just for points (More points means more money)

So my Friends, if you get a call saying Something for nothing, It ain't so Certainly not in my case anyway.

Of course I cant go back to Canopy as it is to be Discontinued, Which is why they are getting people onto "Ultera" 

Needless to say, we are exploring other Avenues

People be aware

Jack:571c66d400c8c_1(103):

Morning All:morning1:

Edited by Jack Peterson
wouldn't you know it spelling
  • Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I did read sometime ago that DU30 has told the suppliers to get their act together or he will invite China to supply the internet to customers.I actually always take what sales people say with a pinch of salt.Sales people everywhere can be untruthful and it is always the customer who suffers through no fault of their own.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, sonjack2847 said:

.Sales people everywhere can be untruthful and it is always the customer who suffers through no fault of their own.

It is seldom that I get Stung but on this one I (We ) did:SugarwareZ-034:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I have seen that "come on" with Smart, PLDT and Globe.  They want us all locked in to 50GB a month and pay for extra.  That is about enough for a week of Internet as I use it.  A$$holes, all of them.  I notice that they seem to be purposefully slowing down our previously good Internet, perhaps with the idea of putting pressure on people to "upgrade" to the capped plan.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

That is about enough for a week of Internet as I use it.  

Come on, you use 50g a week? You must download a hell of a lot. :89:

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Come on, you use 50g a week? You must download a hell of a lot.

Watching a smart tv all day long is constant downloading.  Even as I write this, the tv is on playing Youtube music.  Its not all about old skool downloading any more.

• Like 2

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Watching a smart tv all day long is constant downloading.  Even as I write this, the tv is on playing Youtube music.  Its not all about old skool downloading any more.

How is that TV working out for you now? Find a workaround for the apps you wanted? Any guess as to how much data it uses?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

How is that TV working out for you now? Find a workaround for the apps you wanted? Any guess as to how much data it uses?

The TV is fine for the money.  It is not hooked up to cable so always downloading to watch it.  Hard to find a work-around for some of the aps because everything is firm-wired.  Working with what is available I find that I can stream from my laptop to the tv and that is great.  Unfortunately the tv does not play mp4 videos so I still have to use HDMI cable and play from my laptop.

So I am downloading torrents to my laptop, in avi format whenever possible, and just streaming them to the TV when I want to watch a movie.  Its better than the old type of TV and for under 10K I am not complaining, merely whinging :whistling:

As to a guess about how much data it uses . .  A long time ago I used Globe stick with an 800 mg daily cap.  In 4 hours of watching music on Youtube I had reached the limit.  So with downloading 2 or 3 movies a day (about 3 gig) and watching streaming TV or youtube for 8 hours a day (another 2 gig) I would say the tv needs 5 gigs a day.  Add what I use for my laptop and what "Y" uses for her phone (another 2 gigs a day) and I would say a normal day requires 7 gigs so about 50 gigs a week would be perfect . .  unless I wanted to watch high def which can triple the usage :571c66d400c8c_1(103): but fortunately I don't have the speed to watch hi def.

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

As to a guess about how much data it uses .

Are you able to monitor your internet usage from your internet account? I looked at mine with PLDT but do not see that option. Live chat is busy. Some PLDT accounts (Ultera) get a pop up at 70% and up.

Bell shows your usage by the day, month, or history average.

not so old china hand
Posted
Posted
On 11/10/2016 at 11:44 AM, sonjack2847 said:

I did read sometime ago that DU30 has told the suppliers to get their act together or he will invite China to supply the internet to customers.

Be careful what you wish for: you might get it.:571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Like 1