Lock your doors! (Bruce is back)

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Do they know how to load it or have the means to buy load ?

Bruce
Posted
Posted

I supplied a Talk N Text brand sim, which is a no frills version owned by SMART. They can load off a bought card, but mostly the locals buy a 5p-15p load off a local store and that load is transferred off a phone owned by the store which has a large load in it. There are various unlimited texting promos good for 1 day for as little as 10 to 15p. However, this girl / family is most likely in a social group that has limited money and access to a phone, so loading is not that great of a concern. As the mother is working, she can load her phone and then send a load to the girl's phone (not Globe) and then they can text or call.

Once I am gone, loading is their responsibility. But without the phone, loading is moot. By giving the phone, it opens possibilities that do not exist without the phone. I was impressed by the school's willingness to not cause an issue for the retarded girl and allowing her to stay all day at the school.

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

The 10 years old looks happy and proud after receiving her mobile phone. It is hard to believe someone so young would be burdened with responsibility for the care of other family members while attempting to educate herself by attending school.

• Like 2

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Well done Bruce, a fine example of caring and community spirit.

• Like 2