Thinking about moving to the Philipines.

NoshowJones
Posted
Posted

I am in Thailand and thinking about moving to the Philipines, I am from the UK.

1  I am thinking about starting in Angeles city, renting a cheap one room apartment on probably a temporary basis, say two months.

2  Is Angeles city a good place to meet other expats? I may want to stay permanently, as I am not interested in the nightlife

I may move to another part, then again I may not.

3 If anyone can give me any advice about anything, I would greatly appreciate it.

robert k
Posted
Posted
49 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I found that you can meet a lot of drunks quite easily.  I found that there are a few great guys who live there and are not into the nightlife scene.  I found that those great guys are hard to get to know as they steer clear of newcomers, expecting them to mainly be sex tourists.  Your mileage will vary.

I was thinking the same but I don't think I could have put it as well as Dave has.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

I am in Thailand and thinking about moving to the Philipines, I am from the UK.

1  I am thinking about starting in Angeles city, renting a cheap one room apartment on probably a temporary basis, say two months.

2  Is Angeles city a good place to meet other expats? I may want to stay permanently, as I am not interested in the nightlife

I may move to another part, then again I may not.

3 If anyone can give me any advice about anything, I would greatly appreciate it.

Is there a reason you chose Angeles? 

Might be hard to get a two month lease.

Meeting other expats I Think comes down to your own personality and whether you seek them out.

• Like 2

NoshowJones
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I found that you can meet a lot of drunks quite easily.  I found that there are a few great guys who live there and are not into the nightlife scene.  I found that those great guys are hard to get to know as they steer clear of newcomers, expecting them to mainly be sex tourists.  Your mileage will vary.

I stay well clear of drunks, I am a lifelong non drinker, these great guys you are talking about may be interested in a conversation when they see I am always sober. I chose Angeles City because as far as I know, it is the cheapest place to live, I will not shun anybody because they barfine girls. but as I said a drunk guy has no chance in my company, although there is nothing wrong with social drinkers.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, NoshowJones said:

I chose Angeles City because as far as I know, it is the cheapest place to live,

Where did you get that idea? 

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I chose Angeles City because as far as I know, it is the cheapest place to live,

Where did you get that idea? 

Yes, I kind of doubt that.  I have seen ads for very expensive housing and I doubt that the really cheap areas are very expat friendly.

• Like 1

Happyhorn52
Posted
Posted

I chose Angeles City because as far as I know, it is the cheapest place to live

Angeles City is a smaller version of Pattaya. Not cheap, but probably a good place to meet expats.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Hi No Show,

Many single Expats first moved around Philippines for awhile until the right place or someone finds them.

Other than wanting to befriend other Expats can you give us some ideas of what things or location interest you? Do you like living near the water? Would living in a small town somewhat outside a city be more to your liking?

• Like 2