US Stocks rocketing forward

WordsandMusic
Posted
Posted

Just in case you only get the bad and the ugly, as it was for me when I was living in Philippine.

I wanted to let everyone know the US is starting to really get excited in ways financial. 

If you have a Roth IRA or something similar, you should see a big upside in your portfolio. 

I started my wife's Roth 7 years ago and it was so so. I have already seen a Yuge uptick in her portfolio. 

I was surprised to see the action in the restaurant business. However, the stocks like Trump's idea of keeping the best parts of the Obama care and giving the rest to the free market for competition. 

The restaurant stock share holders are seeing future growth by reduced cost of having growth of service and employment, thanks to lower cost of health insurance and less regulations. 

I know you may be seeing a lot of demonstrations. However be aware much of this is pay to perform by the shadow people like Sorros. They have found that more than 3 million has been paid out to protestors so far by the dividers. 

The US economy is totally ignoring them. The fact is, there is real shock by the young children in college. They all thought for sure that Hillary was going to be President. Of course they have to pay for school now instead of the tax payers.

Still waiting on Clintons and the Obama's to speak against the violence. If that happened things would be better. But we will see. There are many that enjoy the divide.

There are many who are praying and working behind the scenes to try and bring the country together. 

The media is still pushing the their negative agenda and the divide. They have made up there mind they will make us all suffer who have voted for Trump! 

Like I said the stocks are ignoring this as is much of America. 

Things are getting better everyday! 

• Like 2

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Stock markets don't like uncertainty. The bitter election campaign caused a decline even as the economy continued to improve. Once a winner emerged (Trump), the markets reacted in a positive way. The same thing would have happened with another winner (Clinton).

The real question is: Why is a particular stock worth 5% more one day and then 10% less the following day? In my opinion, fluctuations are the results of manipulation. You can't rely on daily, weekly or even monthly fluctuations to determine the value of a stock. The minimum is one year, preferably five years. 

My own strategy is to look for very stable companies that pay consistent dividends. Examples include Verizon and AT&T at over 4% annualized dividends at the present time. Their market value keeps changing, but these are paper losses or gains. It is not "real" money until you sell. In the meantime, enjoy spending the dividends.

My wife and I may adjust our stock portfolios. There is a review done every three months. For example, we own Wells Fargo Bank shares. Wells Fargo Bank shares were hammered by an on-going scandal. Our decision was to hold because the shares were purchased at a time when the dividend was 4.70%. It would be difficult to find another big bank that can replace it. Besides, the next big bank might also get hit by scandal.

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, WordsandMusic said:

Things are getting better everyday! 

It is obvious to the casual observer that you voted for Trump.  Frankly, I could care less -- they were both the MOST hated and ugliest Americans in modern history.  

The only time it may affect me is the remote possibility that I may have to buy some whitening cream so I could join the KKK, which held a massive parade in North Carolina by praising your guy a few days ago.  

Bay-leeb me, I could be the most redneck Filipino around but I do have my social grace and common courtesy towards my fellow man.  But in the meantime.......

I'm gonna lock and load to protect my brown family.  Things are getting better.....but for whom?

Edited by Jake
attitude check
  • Like 5

WordsandMusic
Posted
Posted

JJ:

I know a little about stocks. I have been putting 15% of my income in the Thrift savings plan since 1993. I have seen the ups and the downs. I have rode the market to the brink of catastrophe.

I was lucky enough to have very good mentors in my life, especially while serving in the military.

These men were men of the world who took me under their wings and showed me how to do everything from survival to properly dressing for an occasion. They were investors and they were shakers. They made the world they wanted with their minds and hard work. 

I have not fluttered around this world like a feather waiting for a place to lay. 

With that said. The things that are going on in the market are bigger broader and much more unexpected than an ATT stock. I suggest you take a real hard look at your portfolio. I believe you will find opportunities that have been there in sometime or ever.

For the fun of it, what do you say we have this conversation again in six months.

I do appreciate your willingness to contribute to this conversation and appreciate your life experience, but this is different. When the regulations come off, there will be a volcano of investment flurry like America has not seen in 40 years. The Tea Kettle will Whistle, as one of my commanders use to say! He was a British chap though, so he would! 

That is why I voted Trump, its about the prosperity and the security of my family. 

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I'm impressed by the level of civility shown here.

I've known Jake here on this forum for many years then before that on another one. We speak with each other on the phone at times too. His KKK statement is not put out in a "dark" way I know for a fact Jake did not intend what he said to be what you may think.

Over the years we have had a few (very few thankfully)  racist a-h@#* they are very quickly banned. This forum has zero tolerance for that stupidity.

• Like 5

JJReyes
Posted
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, WordsandMusic said:

I know a little about stocks. I have been putting 15% of my income in the Thrift savings plan since 1993. I have seen the ups and the downs. I have rode the market to the brink of catastrophe.

Many members of this forum are retired or soon-to-retire. Each of us has a different investment strategy. I just wanted to share mine which is to purchase more conservative stocks paying good dividend. Whether prices go up or down during the Trump years is immaterial to me because I don't plan to sell.  Hopefully, it will go up in the long term, whomever is the current president, but that has always been the market direction.

We also have other investments including EE Series US government bonds. They are great for what is described as, "widows & orphans."

One thing we were not able to achieve is to accumulate sufficient assets so we can live comfortably on income, interest and dividends. Then the assets transfer to our children after our demise.

Edited by JJReyes
  • Like 2

mogo51
Posted
Posted
On 11/12/2016 at 11:48 PM, JJReyes said:

Stock markets don't like uncertainty. The bitter election campaign caused a decline even as the economy continued to improve. Once a winner emerged (Trump), the markets reacted in a positive way. The same thing would have happened with another winner (Clinton).

The real question is: Why is a particular stock worth 5% more one day and then 10% less the following day? In my opinion, fluctuations are the results of manipulation. You can't rely on daily, weekly or even monthly fluctuations to determine the value of a stock. The minimum is one year, preferably five years. 

My own strategy is to look for very stable companies that pay consistent dividends. Examples include Verizon and AT&T at over 4% annualized dividends at the present time. Their market value keeps changing, but these are paper losses or gains. It is not "real" money until you sell. In the meantime, enjoy spending the dividends.

My wife and I may adjust our stock portfolios. There is a review done every three months. For example, we own Wells Fargo Bank shares. Wells Fargo Bank shares were hammered by an on-going scandal. Our decision was to hold because the shares were purchased at a time when the dividend was 4.70%. It would be difficult to find another big bank that can replace it. Besides, the next big bank might also get hit by scandal.

The stockmarket is very reactionary and that is how many make their money.  In fact, it is my long held belief that those stock manipulaters salivate when there is occurrences such as Presidential elections.

If there is nothing happening, they launch doom and gloom financial 'reports' to make it happen.  I have come to the conclusion there really is no logic attached to the stockmarket. 

• Like 5

not so old china hand
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, mogo51 said:

The stockmarket is very reactionary and that is how many make their money.  In fact, it is my long held belief that those stock manipulaters salivate when there is occurrences such as Presidential elections.

If there is nothing happening, they launch doom and gloom financial 'reports' to make it happen.  I have come to the conclusion there really is no logic attached to the stockmarket. 

Click on the image to get it to readable size (sorry it's posted twice).

Alex.gif

Alex.gif

Edited by not so old china hand
  • Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
44 minutes ago, not so old china hand said:

2 hours ago, mogo51 said:

Click on the image to get it to readable size (sorry it's posted twice).

Alex.gif

Strange but true, The "Alex" Cartoon  Stockbrokers strip was never Far from the Truth :whistling:

• Like 1