US Stocks rocketing forward

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Jake said:

Hello Don, just goggle KKK in North Carolina and you will see many hits regarding the rally.  Also please be advised that David Duke ran under the Trump ticket.  His public debate against other wanna be US senators of Louisiana speaks for itself.

Becoming uneasy is a real emotion that i never felt before and therefore, have increased my situational awareness.  

Respectfully Jake 

I can't find anything on a recent KKK rally.  I don't believe the KKK rally you are thinking of ever happened.  It was just another social media exaggeration.  Maybe it was this that even left leaning Snopes debunks, but there is supposed to be a rally on Dec. 3rd.  KKK can say anything to get free publicity.

http://www.snopes.com/klan-marches-celebrate-trump-victory/

David Duke is a joke and everybody shuns him, including the Trump org and Republicans.  "Under the Trump ticket" is not quite accurate.  Here is an article by left leaning NY Times.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/11/us/david-dukes-senate-run-in-louisiana-draws-attention-but-not-support.html

Both sides of the political equation have radicals who will exaggerate or lie in order to push their agenda.  Social media gives them the perfect platform to go "unchecked" so we have to do our own due diligence.

Sorry, I'm trying not to be political and don't mind if this post is deleted if I crossed the line, but I can say I am tiring of the "racial incident" posts my family is pushing since the election.  Many have been disproved and when I read some of them, something just does not seem right.  Also, many possible incidents involved teenagers / high school and you know how kids can be at that age.  Unfortunately there have been racial incidents before Trump and there will be long after Trump is gone.

This was initially reported as a Trump supporter when it was just an idiot.

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/San-Francisco-homeowner-s-Nazi-flag-protest-of-10605083.php

Edited by OnMyWay
  • Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

I guess at this point in time and in all fairness, Trump should be given a chance to empty the swamp in Washington and make some real chances, foreign and domestic.  

I'm the type of guy of not rocking the boat too much and just roll with the punches. He won fair and square.  So far, he's got my support.

Respectfully Jake

Edited by Jake
  • Like 5

johnbarley
Posted
Posted
On 14/11/2016 at 9:18 PM, Gator said:

Triple like - very eloquently stated W and M!

Back to the topic at hand - I recently shifted my work into the oil field services sector. Just in the last few days I've seen huge increases in capital investment, labor (can't hire qualified people fast enough) and material. So you may want to look into energy stocks (specifically those in the oil field services sector) as well - I know I will.

"Drill Baby Drill!" - Companies like Halliburton, Encana, and Murphy have all just placed extremely large orders for peripheral supplies relating to fracking - in fact Halliburton just secured contracts for nearly a 1 billion tons of frack sand - that tells me these guys are anticipating deregulation and a surge in demand (price of oil actually means little - it's all about demand).

There's nothing good about this. 

I was supporting Clinton because I believe slowing (actually reversing) the economy is by far the best option for the US and the world. Also, a nuclear war with Russia would have paradoxically been a good thing. 

robert k
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, johnbarley said:

There's nothing good about this. 

I was supporting Clinton because I believe slowing (actually reversing) the economy is by far the best option for the US and the world. Also, a nuclear war with Russia would have paradoxically been a good thing. 

Interesting.

• Like 1