Shaka BBQ Hawaiian Restaurant

JJReyes
Posted
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Bruce said:

22 hours ago, JJReyes said:

You know the old story... widowed 4 times.... 3 husbands died from eating poison mushrooms, 4th died of a fractured skull... he did not like mushrooms...

Filipinas are too smart to use poison mushrooms. The police will want a share of the estate. Something more subtle like feeding you pork for breakfast, lunch and dinner and bacon sandwiches for snacks. Anything to hasten the process so they can remarry while still young. If you live to a ripe old age, the wife can still attract someone younger because she is now rich by local standard. 

All the above speculation just because the forum moderator likes Hawaiian BBQ.

Edited by JJReyes
  • Like 3

not so old china hand
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, JJReyes said:

Something more subtle like feeding you pork for breakfast, lunch and dinner and bacon sandwiches for snacks.

Or white rice five times a day. :photo-109:  Morning all.

• Like 2

Bruce
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, JJReyes said:

All the above speculation just because the forum moderator likes Hawaiian BBQ.

That is an incomplete statement. The forum moderator, at a minimum, likes 1. Women, 2. beer, 3. discounts, 4. BBQ....... and I suspect in that exact order! :crack-up: A true role model for the expat dreamers... waiting for the chance to move... Remember.. It is more FUN in the Philippines!   

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Well I think my discount beer days are over, tonight took wife and our little boy to this BBQ place and l looked over to where my friendly manageress was and she was talking to the guard, can never be sure but certainly have the feeling they were talking about me. you know both glancing over and talking.  Long story short when she left a bit latter went right by without a glance or usually bye sir Tom.

Now the moral of the story is sometimes you will always end up paying full price. :smile:

• Like 2

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Well I think my discount beer days are over, tonight took wife and our little boy to this BBQ place and l looked over to where my friendly manageress was and she was talking to the guard, can never be sure but certainly have the feeling they were talking about me. you know both glancing over and talking.  Long story short when she left a bit latter went right by without a glance or usually bye sir Tom.

Now the moral of the story is sometimes you will always end up paying full price. :smile:

Maybe she was just being deferential to your wife and child. I know Filipinos' are much more friendly to me if I'm alone, than if I'm standing next to my husband.:mocking:

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, Queenie O. said:

Maybe she was just being deferential to your wife and child. I know Filipinos' are much more friendly to me if I'm alone, than if I'm standing next to my husband.:mocking:

Maybe but not the feeling I got but never mind. :thumbsup:

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
On 11/19/2016 at 6:12 PM, Queenie O. said:

JGF, I think that being friendly and an agreeable or mellow patron goes a long way here in many ways. There are so many disagreeable and demanding foreigners, and I think that one that is friendly is a welcome treat for many workers. You'll often get special treatment. :smile:

I always leave a nice tip. Yes, being friendly goes a long way also.

Whenever possible, I try to remember the waiter's or waitresses name for next time. I do this also with a good barber.

• Like 2

Bruce
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Actually... there is reason for this. In social relationships, real or imagined, people 'rate' each other without realizing it. There is a theory called 'inventory' which appears to be what you are experiencing. You, aware or not, were ranked and placed in her 'inventory' of possibilities. Even though 99%+ of all those placed in 'inventory' never actually advance beyond the inventory classification, from a human standpoint, it is comforting to have 'inventory' even if the actual possibility of an actual relationship is 'never'.

This is one reason, often seen in UK papers, people, mostly women, get upset when a well known handsome public figure gets engaged or married. Some take this to extremes and are called stalkers.

I believe what you were witnessing was your violent abrupt deletion from her inventory! And yes... you are to be blamed because you were friendly to her and opened the door, an ever so slight crack into raising her hopes that there might be something there... so she had moved you from simple customer into a possibility seat in her inventory.... You cad!:Mad:

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 11/24/2016 at 9:37 PM, Queenie O. said:

Maybe she was just being deferential to your wife and child. I know Filipinos' are much more friendly to me if I'm alone

You might be right Queenie , I went back late this afternoon just to have a few drinks as these 22 sqm condos are making me cramped but anyway my favorite manageress came to me and said the usually stuff and then she said where is your family tonight sir Tom.

So proves to me she seen me and was most likely talking about me the last time as l suspected but anyway all good. :thumbsup:

• Like 3