Shaka BBQ Hawaiian Restaurant

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Now to the heart warming stuff, while I was there tonight, well late afternoon turned into night and it got busy, no seats but I'm taking a whole table.

A lola approaches me and asks if it's OK to use chair and her daughter had sleeping child in her arms. Of course I say so they sit down and little girl wakes up, they feed her some mc doos on my table then she got down and came to me and said Merry Christmas.

A sweet little girl, bit later they got their own table but the little girl kept coming back to me so I asked her age which l think was 3, she goes off and back again and l ask about school and then her favorite color etc.

Anyway long story short the family came to me to say goodbye. Heartfelt moment and just shows there is no anti anything going on, the people are still just the same.

A good night and I am impressed. Now for the young lady on the other table which was exchanging eye contact which is the first time in the IT park for me, well damn, another story which ends at that point. 

• Like 3

Reboot
Posted
Posted
On 11/19/2016 at 5:12 AM, Queenie O. said:

JGF, I think that being friendly and an agreeable or mellow patron goes a long way here in many ways. There are so many disagreeable and demanding foreigners, and I think that one that is friendly is a welcome treat for many workers. You'll often get special treatment. :smile:

I don't get it. Why are so many foreigners a-holes?

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, Reboot said:

I don't get it. Why are so many foreigners a-holes?

Because they can Reboot. Filipino service people in general have such tolerance and patience. They put up with way more than they should have to.:shades: 

• Like 2

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I have a theory.  They were disagreeable a-holes in their home countries, never found happiness there, and were shunned by family and friends.  So they came here thinking things would be different.  If they don't change, then same old thing here.

That is extreme but I do think it applies to a certain low % of the expats here.

I'm just so grateful not to be married to one of them!

• Like 1

Reboot
Posted
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I have a theory.  They were disagreeable a-holes in their home countries, never found happiness there, and were shunned by family and friends.  So they came here thinking things would be different.  If they don't change, then same old thing here.

That is extreme but I do think it applies to a certain low % of the expats here.

Sounds like what Rizal wrote in Noli Me Tangere: The worst characters of the Peninsula come here, and even if a good man does come, the country soon ruins him.

Maybe nothing has really changed in 120+ years.

Edited by Reboot
  • Like 5