Price check! Lunch.....

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Lunch at the usual place, Jo's Chicken Haus. 115p for what you see in the picture. So, $2.30 it is. Desert? Sure Black Sambo is in the fridge. The woman in the pic is the same waitress I have had for 7 years. Tolerates me well, and that is saying something! No husband...... Anyone? Anyone? As an added bonus, for a mere 35p (70 cents) you too can have unlimited rice!

IMG_5667.JPG

IMG_5668.JPG

IMG_5669.JPG

IMG_5670.JPG

• Like 2

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Looks tasty and inexpensive. A simple meal of fish and rice is probably a better diet. Unfortunately, my wife is always concerned about food sanitation. She will pack an extra suitcase with familiar things to eat for our 3 weeks visit. In the meantime, I will indulge buying Filipino food that is to my liking. Lechon is one of them. Chicken adobo is another. At least we both agree that Sinigang na Bangus is excellent. (I convinced her that the boiling broth kills any lurking bacteria.)   

I do avoid certain food like shellfish and bottom feeding fish after experiencing food poisoning. 

• Like 2

Reboot
Posted
Posted

I ate everything that wasn't nailed down over there....no problems....and you can't beat the unli rice where available haha.

• Like 2

Bruce
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, JJReyes said:

Looks tasty and inexpensive. A simple meal of fish and rice is probably a better diet. Unfortunately, my wife is always concerned about food sanitation. She will pack an extra suitcase with familiar things to eat for our 3 weeks visit. In the meantime, I will indulge buying Filipino food that is to my liking. Lechon is one of them. Chicken adobo is another. At least we both agree that Sinigang na Bangus is excellent. (I convinced her that the boiling broth kills any lurking bacteria.)  

I do avoid certain food like shellfish and bottom feeding fish after experiencing food poisoning.

A good wife is a wonderful thing... in moderation!

• Like 2