Living on a pension

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Thanks all for your comments , i shall have to ask Emma to look into her pension and what age she can get it, but that could be hard,:571c66d400c8c_1(103):.

It has been mentioned  medical insurance and i am sure someone before said what is the point if you are so far away from a hospital and stuck in traffic and ou cant get to the hospital, lots of money then wasted it seems,

My self and Emma has said it the worst happens the dont wast money prolonging our lives and again each to there own on this.

We are close on our plans .

• Like 4

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

I think you should check on the private pension. The government said anybody can take their private pension at age 55.

I'm sure the Government are reviewing the ability to cash your pension in at 55. They've also increased the women's pensionable age. From December 2018, the state pension age will start to increase for both men and women to reach 66 by October 2020. The Government is also planning further increases, which will raise the state pension age from 66 to 67 between 2026 and 2028.

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
32 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

I'm sure the Government are reviewing the ability to cash your pension in at 55. They've also increased the women's pensionable age. From December 2018, the state pension age will start to increase for both men and women to reach 66 by October 2020. The Government is also planning further increases, which will raise the state pension age from 66 to 67 between 2026 and 2028.

Well if they are reviewing the ability to cash a private pension then I`m glad I took mine out.I might just get the state pension at age 66,or maybe 266 if they keep putting the age up

• Like 2

Eddie1
Posted
Posted

Sitting here reading all these excellent points about private pensions and government pensions made me realise that I am 10 years away from my retirement day TODAY!

I am scheduled to retire on the 23/11/2026.  Like Kevin says the government could of course raise the bar again but I guess an extra wait of a few months or even another year wouldn't be a disaster, however my worry is that it isn't inconceivable that in that 10 year duration there could be changes in the rules that would affect the government pension being paid out to people living overseas, now that would hurt! 

:571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Like 3

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Eddie1 said:

Sitting here reading all these excellent points about private pensions and government pensions made me realise that I am 10 years away from my retirement day TODAY!

I guess it's :flamebd: then Eddie :thumbsup:

• Like 4

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, expatuk2014 said:

Just let me go peacefully, i watched the late mother suffering before she died and i dont want the family

To worry about money keeping me alive. but again thats just me

You need to have a Medical Directive expressing your wishes. A common directive is "Do Not Resuscitate" if in a coma. The life support systems are removed after the doctors read you document. 

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

Well if they are reviewing the ability to cash a private pension then I`m glad I took mine out.I might just get the state pension at age 66,or maybe 266 if they keep putting the age up

66 for me, so thats 8 years time and there is no way i will b working then, ok maybe working on my tan bt thats fine.

Like i have said i  have a few private pensions too, but with half of that gone its down to save save SAVE, so i have to do lots of planning t make sure its the right time and thing to do

• Like 1

• Old55 locked this topic