What is this Toyota?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I saw this Toyota truck today and thought it was cool.  Anybody know what it is?  Is this a production model in the Philippines?  It would be a great vehicle here.  If it is not new, it is a darn good restoration.

20161122_162330.jpg

• Like 3

Snowy79
Posted
Posted (edited)

It looks like a Toyota Dyna 6500 variant judging by the door and window shape. Hope this helps: https://www.olx.ph/item/toyota-dyna-ID7oJD6.html

toyota-dyna-6500-11.jpg

Edited by Snowy79
  • Like 4

robert k
Posted
Posted

Toyota High Ace truck. Probably a good restoration, I'm reasonably certain they haven't been made in some time or I would be looking to buy one of them rather than a Kia K2700.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, robert k said:

Toyota High Ace truck. Probably a good restoration, I'm reasonably certain they haven't been made in some time or I would be looking to buy one of them rather than a Kia K2700.

It looks like the interior is very wide and roomy.  A couple of school kids came and got in the back seat and I barely saw a bit of interior, which also looked new.

robert k
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

It looks like the interior is very wide and roomy.  A couple of school kids came and got in the back seat and I barely saw a bit of interior, which also looked new.

Wiki says it's third generation which basically ceased production in 1995, the vans are on gen 5 now.

I say basically truck production ceased in 95 because it is made/assembled elsewhere, China (Foton) and assembled in Egypt.

A good frame off restoration in the US would probably cost 50-60K USD. In the Philippines? Maybe 10k USD? Parts included.

Maybe 2k USD to make a vehicle look good as long as nobody sees the underside?

Kens Trading in Dumaguete had one High Ace double cab truck that looked fairly clean that they wanted 10k USD for about 5 years ago. I thought they were crazy because I was not yet familliar with Negros car prices. When I got familliar with Negros car prices I bought my truck on Cebu!:thumbsup:

• Like 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted (edited)

My money is still on a Toyota Dyna. This is a 2014 model.

dyna.jpg

toyo.jpg

Edited by Snowy79
  • Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)

That sure looks like it but maybe they have a different name for different regions.

That guy must live around here and probably just got it, so maybe I can talk to him sometime and find out the history of it.

Edited by OnMyWay

intrepid
Posted
Posted

I like it also. Wonder if it comes with air con and auto transmission?

intrepid
Posted
Posted

As usual, I should have researched before asking.

2008 with Air and Auto

https://www.philmotors.com/Toyota-Dyna-Philippines24490.htmlToyota Dyna  in Philippines

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted

Bear in mind that a used vehicle imported to the Philippines is registered as a "new" vehicle in the year it is first registered.

5 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

My money is still on a Toyota Dyna. This is a 2014 model.

Sure doesn't look like a 2014 Dyna.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Dyna Scrol to the bottom of the page to see what a 2014 Dyna looks like. 

• Like 1