Balik Bayan Boxes

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

It looks like there will be some happy people this xmas. A shipping company had gone into bankruptcy and that led to 400 Ballik Bayan boxes being impounded. These boxes were then sold at public auction to the highest bidder but customs have agreed to release them to their rightful owners. Something you don't think about especially if you are shipping anything of sentimental value. http://www.msn.com/en-ph/news/national/finally-400-undelivered-balikbayan-boxes-to-be-released-to-owners-after-a-long-wait/ar-AAkEgV7?li=BBr8zL6&ocid=mailsignout

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

Only 400 boxes? It must have been a small company.

When I sent a box by way of the US Postal Service it didn't arrive for 6 months. We've had good results with our shipper.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

My boxes arrived two months after sending from Australia. Still in storage so have not seen what condition there in. 

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

My sister sent me a box from California, on LBC, on October 24th, and the driver said they are taking about 35 days.  Hope that is true!  Tracking only shows the acceptance.

Bruce
Posted
Posted
43 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

My sister sent me a box from California, on LBC, on October 24th, and the driver said they are taking about 35 days.  Hope that is true!  Tracking only shows the acceptance.

Nope! LBC has severely curtailed customer service, no longer supporting web chat and have hidden most phone numbers. If you are tracking on www.lbcexpress.com, you are wasting your time. They no longer fully support that site. Try  https://track.aftership.com/lbcexpress if the link does not work, google LBC tracking and choose the aftership site. Plug in your number and see the results as compared to the lbcexpress site results.

What used to take 70 days in now past 85 for Samar. Manila area should be much sooner. What makes it worse is the employees getting all the angry calls in Manila have no accurate information to give and make up excuses.

Facebook page for LBC also shows no help and many angry customers.

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
25 minutes ago, Bruce said:

Nope! LBC has severely curtailed customer service, no longer supporting web chat and have hidden most phone numbers. If you are tracking on www.lbcexpress.com, you are wasting your time. They no longer fully support that site. Try  https://track.aftership.com/lbcexpress if the link does not work, google LBC tracking and choose the aftership site. Plug in your number and see the results as compared to the lbcexpress site results.

What used to take 70 days in now past 85 for Samar. Manila area should be much sooner. What makes it worse is the employees getting all the angry calls in Manila have no accurate information to give and make up excuses.

Facebook page for LBC also shows no help and many angry customers.

Thanks for the link!  That site shows detail I have never seen for LBC before.  Sounds like LBC is IT challenged at the moment.

It shows my box in Taiwan right now, scheduled to depart on the 29th and arrive Subic Port on Dec. 1.  I'm not sure if they will clear customs in Subic or Manila, but regardless I would bet that LBC trucks the whole container to Manila for breakdown and sorting.

Looks like it will arrive before Christmas and that is all I am looking for.

Bruce
Posted
Posted

I shipped a box in late August, 'accepted' by LBC on Sept. 6th. Arrived and cleared customs by Nov. 4th. Good so far... NOT! Listed as transferred to Calbayog Distribution Center on Nov. 12th. Again... OK... but 12 days later NO BOX had arrived at Calbayog. I called Manila and got generic lies from a woman who did not understand what was going on. Then yesterday, the box was received at Tacloban! So the box had to pass my house to get to Tacloban.

Again I called LBC and again more polite lies about no more Calbayog Distribution Center and now all boxes will be sent for delivery from Tacloban. But today.... I checked and it is listed as the box being transferred to Calbayog Distribution Center! So, once again, the box passed my house to get to Calbayog... We will see what exciting things happen tomorrow....

As looking at a map, the box is trucked from Manila, south to a ferry at the base of Luzon, 16 miles across the water to land in Allen, a small port area, then driven 50Km to Calbayog to the south. Tacloban is a 3-5 hour drive to the south of Calbayog depending on traffic and truck condition. Catbalogan is roughly half way between Calbayog and Tacloban.... If I had of known, I would have waited at the roadside to at least wave to my box as it passed by (2x!)

Now, If I were a bitter and cynical man, I might murmur something about 'these people are allowed to run a country?' LOL.... :huh:        

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
25 minutes ago, Bruce said:

'these people are allowed to run a country?' LOL.... :huh:        

I had no idea LBC was running the country.  When did that start?

• Like 5

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Bruce said:

If you are tracking on www.lbcexpress.com, you are wasting your time. They no longer fully support that site

Thanks, that is good to know because I have not been successful at tracking my purchases from Lazada though that site.  I will try your alternate link next time.  Fortunately the packages have always arrived eventually.

• Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I had no idea LBC was running the country.  When did that start?

Just an expression of mine I use when Pinoy logic fails to mesh with the laws of physics. 'You people run a country like this... how does anything get done? (we all know the answer already... LOL....)

• Like 2