Siquior safety

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Has anybody heard if it is safe at the moment to go to Siquior. I have heard warnings about southern Cebu,Bohol and parts of Negros but nothing about Siquior.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, sonjack2847 said:

Has anybody heard if it is safe at the moment to go to Siquior. I have heard warnings about southern Cebu,Bohol and parts of Negros but nothing about Siquior.

I think you will find that Siquior comes under the Security Authorities of Negros ( and they are doing a lot to secure it where at all possible) so I would say that until we are told Different it is OK just now, of Course still taking the Precautions we usually do when Traveling.

Jack:thumbsup:

Morning All:morning1:

• Like 2

jpbago
Posted
Posted

There is an article in today's Cebu Star saying that security is in place for tourists.

• Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, jpbago said:

There is an article in today's Cebu Star saying that security is in place for tourists.

A friend of mine told me that his friends in the US has told him that there have been 3 kidnappings on Cebu.They have tourist security over there.I think I`ll leave it for now.

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
51 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

A friend of mine told me that his friends in the US has told him that there have been 3 kidnappings on Cebu.They have tourist security over there.I think I`ll leave it for now.

SonJack--I keep up with the news in Cebu, and as far as I know, there have been no recent kidnappings, foreign or local. There have been some recent arrests of local citizens who have posted fake kidnapping stories on their FB accounts. Maybe that's what the news was about. I'll keep a lookout.

• Like 5