The benefits of beer

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Quitting beer can be bad for you.  A friend of mine died in Holy Cross Hospital 3 years ago because they tried to dry him out when he came in feeling sick.  24 hours without beer gave him a heart attack and he died.  The hospitals here do not seem to know how to detox properly.  Be very aware in the event you are ever hospitalized.  Chad used to drink about 4 to 8 Grande's a day so he was no lightweight in the beer drinking department.  He was 40 when he passed.  Be very careful glamorizing the benefits of beer.

• Like 2

Bruce
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

Beer. Allowing ugly people to have sex since it was discovered.

Ah! You think that is a joke.... But it isn't. I have delivered babies out of a (meow) that was coved in warts.... how did she get pregnant? Because some man got drunk and said "Ah, what the hell!" And went for home base! Seriously... want to stop most elective abortions? Get people to stop drinking....

• Like 2

Bruce
Posted
Posted
43 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Quitting beer can be bad for you.  A friend of mine died in Holy Cross Hospital 3 years ago because they tried to dry him out when he came in feeling sick.  24 hours without beer gave him a heart attack and he died.  The hospitals here do not seem to know how to detox properly.  Be very aware in the event you are ever hospitalized.  Chad used to drink about 4 to 8 Grande's a day so he was no lightweight in the beer drinking department.  He was 40 when he passed.  Be very careful glamorizing the benefits of beer.

I have seen this myself. The real issue is blood sugar / insulin levels. Especially in closeted alcoholics who drink vodka to hide their drinking from family. Some consume  80+% of their daily calorie intake from alcohol products. All goes well for years until they get sick. In the hospital they go, denying any alcohol issues, family may add to the problem by saying grand dad has not had a drink in years as he is an alcoholic... So the doctor diagnoses instable blood glucose levels and things go downhill from there. All the patient's body needs is that alcohol drink that has been on schedule for years. A huge issue now because no one recognizes that if you gave the patient a shot or two, their blood glucose level stabilizes as the insulin being secreted is then matched with the blood glucose the body has been waiting for. i  

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Dave, it's true there is a very sad side to this topic as well. Would think all of us have had a close friend or family member go down that rabbit hole. 

I truly enjoy a cold beer or two now and then but am a total lightweight.

My closest friend passed much too soon..... beer and weed.

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Old55 said:

Dave, it's true there is a very sad side to this topic as well. Would think all of us have had a close friend or family member go down that rabbit hole. 

I truly enjoy a cold beer or two now and then but am a total lightweight.

My closest friend passed much too soon..... beer and weed.

Well that does it!  I'm gonna quit the beer and stick to weed only.  Thanks Dan!  

Edited by Jake
  • Like 5

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Soon you can do bud legaly there Jake. :pufff:

It's been sold in State certified shops here but I don't have any interest just give me a nice local craft IPA.

• Like 2

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Jake said:

Well that does it!  I'm gonna quit the beer and stick to weed only.  Thanks Dan!  

Paul McCartney has given up after four decades of smoking weed!

He is quoted as saying he didn't want to set a bad example to his Five Children and his grandchildren. :89:

Paul McCartney and Cannabis

Edited by Kuya John
  • Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 11/25/2016 at 0:55 PM, Old55 said:

Beer is a clear example that God loves us.

I have heard it attributed to Benjamin Franklin that " Beer is a clear indication  that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

Edited by robert k
  • Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

You are correct Bob. One of many Benjamin Franklin's wise sayings.