leg cramps

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I often had leg cramps in the back of my legs but since being here in the Phils I've been getting a lot of cramps in the side muscle of my legs. Although not quite as painful they are hard to stop as the mussel just stays tight.

suggestions ?? :9436:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Although not quite as painful they are hard to stop as the mussel just stays tight.

:smile: Ease up on the salt :thumbsup:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

I thought it was the other way, not enough salt but I dont add salt to anything. 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

19 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

I thought it was the other way, not enough salt but I dont add salt to anything. 

Yes it is usually for us in the West But here, where we perspire more than at Home Too much salt will slow the blood Flow, This is a problem for many as when they Cook( Our Ladies or Restos) we are getting more salt than be bargained for.

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Restos use too much salt to preserve the food that is cooked early and may not sell out until late in the day. Besides the salt they use Majic Sarap or Ajimoto as a spice which is mostly salt, hence lots of high blood pressure.

• Like 3

Gator
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I often had leg cramps in the back of my legs but since being here in the Phils I've been getting a lot of cramps in the side muscle of my legs. Although not quite as painful they are hard to stop as the mussel just stays tight.

suggestions ?? :9436:

10 minutes ago, Mike J said:

You may be having trouble staying completely hydrated.  Try drinking more water.  Also eating bananas can add potassium that may help prevent cramps.

Persistent leg cramps can be an early sign of gout. As Mike said, add more potassium to your diet or take good quality potassium supplements. 

Could also be from sitting in one position too long. So get off the bar stool, go for a walk and get some exercise. :hystery:

Actually the opposite might also be true. I know when I'm there I walk a lot more then I do when I'm in the USA. So you might be using muscles that your not used to using. 

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, Gator said:

Could also be from sitting in one position too long. So get off the bar stool, go for a walk and get some exercise. :hystery:

Well it actually only happens in bed. :smile:

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Well it actually only happens in bed. :smile:

I tend to think you may have a circulation Problem Tom, try an Aspirin once a day, if this don't work I think you  should seek medical help :smile:

• Like 2

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

Stay hydrated. 

If only at night, get up and walk around or massage the legs or have someone massage them. 

If A/C is too cold, that could be a cause if legs are uncovered.

• Like 2