leg cramps

DavidK
Posted
Posted

Not enough salt (lost quickly here through perspiration) and drink more liquids than you would usually do to stay properly hydrated. Eventually your body will find a balance.

• Like 2

davewe
Posted
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Queenie O. said:

JGF maybe it's a combination of things, but it could be just your footwear. You haven't been in country long, maybe you should experiment with changing up your type of sandals or footwear. Maybe Crocs would be good for you, but I can't say what might be your best pick.

I get leg cramps in the calf. Typically they say lack of calcium, potassium or magnesium are the culprits. But for me just as often it's a change in footwear (winter shoes changing to summer sandals or vice versa) as well as extra walking. My guess is that since you've just moved you're doing lots of walking. Experiment with the shoes and drink lots of water.

And of course a massage in Cebu can be done cheaply. Sore legs are my fave excuse for indulging myself with a massage.

Edited by davewe
  • Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, JJReyes said:

Seriously, another possibility is Phlebitis. This could be triggered by seating on an airplane for long hours.

Well I have been here 2 months so I think the problem would have started on the plane if that was the case. Also the longest part of the flight is 8.5 hours from Australia so i dont think that is the cause. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
28 minutes ago, intrepid said:

Tom,
If you follow the simple recommendations and medical advise outlined below from your fellow members, I ‘m sure you will be healed and save a lot of money from not going to a medical professional.  

So, it’s as simple as :
1) Stay hydrated
2) Cover your legs while sleeping
3) Turn off the A/C
4) One Aspirin daily
5) Take potassium supplements
6) Get off the bar stool and go pee once per hour
7) Don’t walk too much
8) Cut back on Salt, Majic Sarap & Ajimoto
9) Eat at home
10) Add more salt to your diet
11) Buy new shoes
12)  400mg Magnesium tablets
13) Stop repetitive motions
14) Walk more
15) Drink more water
16) Loose the high heels, see #11
17) Stretch the leg muscles
18) Exercise the voodoo demons
19) Check for Phlebitis and Trombus
20) Drink more liquids
21) More calcium intake
22) Get a massage

Now if you just follow the above list and can do it without taking a loan, I’m sure you will be healed in no time flat!
:SugarwareZ-037:

What a bunch of half baked quacks we have here!  :hystery:

A good doc always asks the question "What were you doing when it hurt?" and the doc response is "Don't do that anymore".

JGF said it only happens when he is in bed, so the logical cure is, "Don't go to bed!"

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

JGF said it only happens when he is in bed,

AHA!  I missed that.  I used to get leg cramps in bed.  Bad ones!  Then I found out that "Y" was resting her leg on mine all night while I slept and cut off the circulation.  Since I asked her to quit doing that I have been fine.

• Like 1

Kiwi-Alan
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

AHA!  I missed that.  I used to get leg cramps in bed.  Bad ones!  Then I found out that "Y" was resting her leg on mine all night while I slept and cut off the circulation.  Since I asked her to quit doing that I have been fine.

Dave we are not talking about the middle leg.     :hystery:

• Like 4

Kiwi-Alan
Posted
Posted

Tom.   Try the Magnesium tablets, take 2 hours before you go to bed.  But make sure you get the 400mg ones.  They work bloody good. I have not had cramp in the feet or legs since i started taking them. 

• Like 1