High speed broadband

Ldntobkk
Posted
Posted

Hi all, 

I have just come on a holiday to the Phillipines and am thinking about staying for a couple of months.  I tutor English online and it is important that I have a good WiFi connection. However I have noticed that in the past 2 weeks the WiFi has been terrible everywhere I have stayed.  Could I expect to find somewhere with a good enough connection/data limit anywhere round here? If so what type of accommodation should I look for that would have that. 

Thanks for your help 

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Yes but where in the Philippines? I'm in Cebu IT park with an 8mb sky broadband and works fine.

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted

Depends on where you are. I find hotel wifi to be generally bad and prefer to just pay for LTE if I can get it. 1800 and 2100 are the most common frequencies. There are LTE coverage maps online. 

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

777.jpg

• Like 1

afathertobe
Posted
Posted

Your best bet would be to rent via Airbnb at a condo that has an existing dedicated broadband connection. 

• 5 weeks later...
rachelsantos
Posted
Posted

This is the Philippines, and wifi really kinda sucks. Although, depending on the ISP and the signal, WiFi can actually be good! Try staying in a place where they use Globe or someother fiberoptic