Young Filipina family members dating older foreigners

bows00
Posted
Posted

Hmmm, very interesting topic. 

Would you rather your young Filipina have a relationship with a young local Filipino trike driver or with a 60 year old foreign multi-millionaire?

• Like 2

davewe
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

And yet, I have to agree with her.  There are a LOT of older Foreign men living here that I would surely try to steer any daughter of mine away from.  Not because they are older or foreign or men, but because they are a$$holes :hystery: so if she showed an interest in older, foreign men I would try to see that she met the ones I thought least likely to break her heart.  So I be manipulative in that way but I don't harbor illusions that I can change their future.

Janet has a few cousins, sisters and friends who have asked me if I know any foreign man for them. I have no problems about the issue. How could I - I married someone many years younger than me. But the truth is I don't know any one I could or would recommend for them. In most cases the girls are flat out better than the single men I know. Oh, I know a few nice divorced men, but none of them would consider doing what I did.

I did fix up a good friend of mine with a Pinay I knew. He was the only guy I knew who was both a good guy and open to the possibility. They're married with a 1 year old; so I guess my matchmaking batting average is perfect.

• Like 5

stevewool
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, bows00 said:

Would you rather your young Filipina have a relationship with a young local Filipino trike driver or with a 60 year old foreign multi-millionaire?

As long as its love on both accounts and not a  "carer " in some ones mind and in the others mind " loads of money"

• Like 4

robert k
Posted
Posted

There have been virtually (and sometimes not virtually) arranged marriages in the US. I'm sure many young men and women married only from a limited pool of their perceived social and economic equals on pain of being disinherited. People marry for money in the US, even people from wealthy families.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, bows00 said:

Second what Steve said.

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I would have no qualms introducing one of the cousins to nice older expat... except I don't know any that are looking.  None of my US friends want to come over here, and most of my expat friends are either married, or just looking for fun.  I only know a couple single guys - and they like being single.

It would depend on the character of the expat more than the age.

• Like 3

not so old china hand
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

I only know a couple single guys - and they like being single.

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single foreigner in possession of a modest pension must be in need of a young Filipina wife. :tiphat:

• Like 4

DavidK
Posted
Posted
On 11/28/2016 at 6:45 AM, Nephi said:

I/we have four young daughters ranging in age from 17 to 12. Foreigner or local it's hands off - period. Dating is allowed when 16 depending on the person and even then, they must be with another couple at ALL times and home no later than 8pm.

51z5mxk7MNL.jpg

Well that should guarantee they run off pdq as soon as they are able.

• Like 1

Nephi
Posted
Posted
29 minutes ago, DavidK said:

Well that should guarantee they run off pdq as soon as they are able.

Not really. In fact these are standards they have grown up with and have been taught since early childhood. Now that they are older, they feel safe in these teachings and have turned down dates with boys on these grounds. They say it gives them a sense of security  and safe ground to stand on having standards of this nature. Setting limits for themselves helps them from getting into what could be a bad situation as they have seen friends and classmates do. For the most part they don't have to worry about being in a situation where they would ever have to say "no." And that's a good thing.

• Like 2