Young Filipina family members dating older foreigners

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
39 minutes ago, Nephi said:

Not really. In fact these are standards they have grown up with and have been taught since early childhood. Now that they are older, they feel safe in these teachings and have turned down dates with boys on these grounds. They say it gives them a sense of security  and safe ground to stand on having standards of this nature. Setting limits for themselves helps them from getting into what could be a bad situation as they have seen friends and classmates do. For the most part they don't have to worry about being in a situation where they would ever have to say "no." And that's a good thing.

Mama and Papa (in-laws) rules for their daughters (my wife and 2 sisters) is no dating while in school. Education is more important, at least until graduating HS - from what I understand.

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
51 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

Mama and Papa (in-laws) rules for their daughters (my wife and 2 sisters) is no dating while in school. Education is more important, at least until graduating HS - from what I understand.

Yes but Kids Today? Different times and certainly Different Outlook :smile: 

• Like 2

Nephi
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, AlwaysRt said:

That really helps having adult family members there to guide and direct. Especially true with the kids see the adults living the example they are teaching. No one is perfect and even an adult can make a mistake. But there is less chance when family cares and young people know that staying in the bounds is expected and why Keeping The Law of Chastity is important. These are promises they have made and intend to keep..

Edited by Nephi
  • Like 2

Nephi
Posted
Posted
23 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

I would expand on that by saying ESPECIALLY with kids today. The influence of friends, classmates, and at times even teachers is almost overwhelming. There really is a different outlook on many things. A lot has to do with internet and it's use; or misuse. My 12 year old girl came home just several days ago telling me a boy in her class tried to force her to watch something X rated on his smart phone. Not too smart... My daughter made sure his phone had a "fatal accident." This stuff and the people that push it are everywhere and it's important to help kids understand what is right and good and what is not. They may still make mistakes along those lines but they will be few and hopefully not too serious. It also creates a bond between parent and child where they will ask questions, share what's going on in their lives. At lest it works for us and our children and am glad for it.

• Like 5

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I think in today's society there's going to be a lot of changes in relationships between family members and older foreigners. I see a lot of older foreigners with younger wives and they are very happy and it works for them but in the future I think there's going to be a lot of older foreigners taken to the cleaners.

I have a lot of female Filipino friends that openly admit they are scamming foreigners. The reason they give is they had started out on-line looking for a potential partner. They wanted a change in environment and the only way they could see that being possible was by marrying a foreigner. They started out with good intentions but due to in their words, perverts offering money for photos they gradually lost respect for a lot of foreigners. Some had got jobs in bars and again had met the sleazy side of the West. Over time their attitude has hardened to the extent where they have no qualms about making a fool out of an old fool.

Some have told me as soon as their future is sorted they will drop the foreigner. They have lost all respect for the majority of foreigners and to some extent it's pretty clear to see why.

I'm in agreement with one of the previous posts. If a Filipino friend asked me to recommend a respectable Westerner I'd also struggle to put my hand on heart and recommend someone. I have good friends just not ideal for a younger Filipino. 

• Like 2

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

Her (our) youngest sister is 13 so directly applies to "kids today".

As to the OP, I still have remnants of "western thinking" so I would think my 20 year old Filipina daughter (hypothetical) dating a 62 Westerner was a bit strange (I think I have mentioned a couple times I have a friend couple that fit those ages. Heck, I am a bit surprised at my relationship. I'm 52 and she will be 27 tomorrow.), however, I am very much more concerned with the gap between the guy's ears than the gap in their ages.  

• Like 4

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

True that Jack.

How much effect do you think having mom as an OFW affects this?

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Old55 said:

How much effect do you think having mom as an OFW affects this?

A lot my friend in my view "New Money" comes to mind I notice many times that the Wayward kids seem to be the Kids OFW's & or Foreigners. Respect goes out of the Window when New Money comes on tap

• Like 1