More Flights From Clark

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Good news for my area!  We finally get some domestic flights!

http://philippineslifestyle.com/blog/2016/11/28/taking-off-new-routes-announced-for-clark-airport/

Taking off: New routes for Clark Airport

TOPICS:Air TravelClarkClark International AirportInfrastructureManilaNAIAPhilippines
POSTED BY: M G MARTIN NOVEMBER 28, 2016
PHILIPPINES Airlines (PAL) has responded to President Duterte’s call to ease congestion in Manila by announcing new routes from Clark International Airport (CRK).

From December 16, the national carrier will make daily flights to Caticlan and Cebu, four a week to Davao and Busuanga, and three to Cagayan de Oro. Then, on January 1, daily flights to Incheon, Seoul, will begin to serve the area’s large Korean community.

The announcement by Alexander Cauguiran, president and CEO of the airport corporation, follows the president’s plea to take the pressure off Manila’s NAIA airport. Originally designed to serve 13 million passengers yearly, by 2015 it was handling more than 36 million.

Crowds of passengers wait in line at Terminal 3 of Manila's NAIA
Crowds of passengers wait in line at Terminal 3 of Manila’s NAIA
Speaking at a ‘Clark Development Projects Stakeholders Roadshow’, Mr Cauguiran said: “This is a welcome development that augurs well to the achievement of overall socio-economic objectives of the Duterte administration that include the development and full utilisation of Clark International Airport.”

“If half of the eight to 10 million passengers in Central and northern Luzon travel to Metro Manila and fly via Clark, that would be less than four million vehicles in the national capital.”

Cebu Pacific has also announced an increased number of services at CRK, including up to 10 flights per week to Hong Kong and six to Cebu.

CRK has previously been something of a “Cinderella airport” — often overlooked for expansion due to its distance from Metro Manila and lack of overland mass transit links.

For example, in August this year plans to reroute services between Tacloban to Manila were vetoed following opposition from government officials and business and tourism leaders.

READ  What happens when you die in the Philippines?
However, the Department of Transportation has already pledged to address this by building a new railway system between Clark and the capital. Although yet to be finalised, transportation secretary Arthur Tugade has said it would be completed before the president’s term of office ends in 2022.

It has also been announced recently that nearly three billion pesos will be spent on improving infrastructure at the airport, the first step towards creating an eight-million capacity terminal. However, the masterplan for the airport, scheduled for completion by 2025, would see it become one of the world’s largest, with an annual passenger capacity of 80 million.

• Like 3

mogo51
Posted
Posted

That is good news, anything is better than a nightmare coming to and from Manila airport.

• Like 2

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I'm still looking for what happens when you die in Philippines.:89:

My friends holidaying in Phil; at the moment opted to fly from Manchester to Clark via Cebu!

Which I thought was a strange way to arrive at Clark. Is it true there is no connecting flight from Manila?

They flew with Emirates

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Kuya John said:

I'm still looking for what happens when you die in Philippines.:89:

My friends holidaying in Phil; at the moment opted to fly from Manchester to Clark via Cebu!

Which I thought was a strange way to arrive at Clark. Is it true there is no connecting flight from Manila?

They flew with Emirates

Huh?  Where did you get that dying thing?

Somebody told me the current Emirates flight goes to Cebu then on to Clark.  Not sure but that is what I heard.  They used to fly direct to Clark and spend a bunch of money on Clark, but they cancelled the flight after a short time.  I guess there was not enough traffic from Clark alone.

Correct, no flights between Clark and Manila, only buses.  

• Like 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

http://philippineslifestyle.com/blog/2016/11/28/taking-off-new-routes-announced-for-clark-airport/

For example, in August this year plans to reroute services between Tacloban to Manila were vetoed following opposition from government officials and business and tourism leaders.

However, the Department of Transportation has already pledged to address this by building a new railway system between Clark and the capital. Although yet to be finalised, transportation secretary Arthur Tugade has said it would be completed before the president’s term of office ends in 2022.

It has also been announced recently that nearly three billion pesos will be spent on improving infrastructure at the airport, the first step towards creating an eight-million capacity terminal. However, the masterplan for the airport, scheduled for completion by 2025, would see it become one of the world’s largest, with an annual passenger capacity of 80 million.

Hi OMW, Just read the report  you first posted again I have underlined the sentence:hystery:

Edited by Kuya John

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Ah, ok, that was an "ad" in the middle of the article when I copied and pasted.  Now it changed to:

READ  Australian Pedophile Peter Scully Could Walk Free In Light of New Evidence

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Steve GCC
Posted
Posted
On 11/29/2016 at 2:20 PM, OnMyWay said:

Huh?  Where did you get that dying thing?

Somebody told me the current Emirates flight goes to Cebu then on to Clark.  Not sure but that is what I heard.  They used to fly direct to Clark and spend a bunch of money on Clark, but they cancelled the flight after a short time.  I guess there was not enough traffic from Clark alone.

Correct, no flights between Clark and Manila, only buses.  

Correct Emirates from Dubai to Clark via Cebu, good news for me as only an hours drive home compared to around 8 from Manila!  90 minutes stop in Cebu then another hour or so Cebu to Clark.

Bring on the domestic flights will be great to avoid Manila as much as possible!

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
On 11/29/2016 at 8:00 PM, OnMyWay said:

Ah, ok, that was an "ad" in the middle of the article when I copied and pasted

Now you know why JGF keeps trying to insist that way copy and "Paste as plain text" which is an option many of us have when we right click to select the paste option.  No ads or links that way.

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Now you know why JGF keeps trying to insist that way copy and "Paste as plain text" which is an option many of us have when we right click to select the paste option.  No ads or links that way.

It was plain text.  When I highlighted the article to copy, it grabbed the ad text too.  The ad was in the middle of the article and I didn't notice.  You can see it above.

• Like 2