5 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

Is that a good or bad thing? :89:

A good thing (I think)!

• Like 2

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, robert k said:

Ed, do you even know who is in charge in Nicaragua? Here is a link that may help you.

That was then, this is now. Things change very rapidly in Central America. Most of the countries there have a history of revolutions and atrocities.

robert k
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Gratefuled said:

That was then, this is now. Things change very rapidly in Central America. Most of the countries there have a history of revolutions and atrocities.

Point is the Contras are not in charge.

https://planetrulers.com/nicaragua-president/

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, robert k said:

Point is the Contras are not in charge.

My point is that the Contras were WORSE than the SANDANISTAS but that was long ago. When one dictatorship was overthrown the ones who took over were worse, not better and the USA helped them. This is what may happen if ASSAD is removed from power. 

Don't get me wrong. I am not a fan of ASSAD. He is an evil dictator. Syria has a complex problem. Who will take control of Syria if ASSAD is removed from power? 

This is just food for thought. I am neither for or against ASSAD. The problem is much bigger than what it appears to be.

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 11/30/2016 at 5:02 AM, Snowy79 said:

"In case you don't know what's happening in the middle east."

So, now that you fully understand everything, all your questions are answered. Have a nice day 

Hey Snowy, 

I wish I had you as my professor in my college history class.  Your essay is essentially black and white with a little bit of grey area.  Meaning, the grey area could be identify with Saddam and his republican guard, now gainfully employed under the ISIS flag.  Sometimes having a brutal dictator running a country like Iraq might be a good thing?  But the US with all its' wisdom(?) decided to go in because of perceived weapons of mass destruction and possibly a revenge on Saddam's attempt to assassinate Bush Sr.  

And now we have a new commander in chief with a secret plan to defeat ISIS.  The bad thing about history lessons, is that we tend to repeat the mistakes made by the most intelligent and the most powerful people on earth.  Meaning we have inventory of nuke warheads that would kill Mother Earth ten times over.  

I just hope I have time to bend over and kiss my ass good bye......

Edited by Jake
spel chek
  • Like 3