Exit Clearance on Tourist Visa

robert k
Posted
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, jpbago said:

The SSRN is on the front side (picture side) of the ACR Tourist card.

I got nothing. I had an ACR card. Maybe they wanted the confirmation of the slip of paper. While I like to understand what I'm dealing with, the Philippine bureaucracy is fairly opaque to me. Maybe they needed the strip of paper, maybe they didn't? All I know is the instant they found it I was on my way to the window to pay so I could get on to the serious business of waiting to board my flight. Maybe the strip of paper is the equivalent to an OR? I had receipts for everything I paid for at BoI.

Maybe the number was not the SSRN? I was going by what someone else said it was in a thread. Looking at the strip of paper it is a 17 character line of numerals and letters. The slip is titled Certification that xxxx appeared before me with captured biometric data.... It seems to me that when they said you aren't getting out without it, they meant it. After it was found it was a breeze.

Edited by robert k
  • Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Last time I left the country, on a tourist stamp, I had been in country for 5 months and 3 weeks.  The lady at the airport asked for my ECC and I politely told her I was here less than 6 months. She did the math and said "Oh, you were lucky. You don't need the ECC". I assured her no, I planned it that way. 

Point is they were not going to let me out without an ECC.

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
35 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

That was 8 April 2015 and might have been why on 15 April 2015 they released Special Order SBM 2015-009  http://www.immigration.gov.ph/images/OPERATIONSORDER/APRIL2015/OOSBM 2015-009.pdf in the end, for me it will only matter what the BI at NAIA terminal 3 thinks next wednesday, I will update with the result.

robert k
Posted
Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Hmm, 8 days or so before the date on mine and it is a press release not the actual regulations? I hope you don't fall afoul of Dave Houndriver because it's not a link to the actual regulations. At least it didn't have any ads.:smile:

Edited by robert k

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
40 minutes ago, robert k said:

I hope you don't fall afoul of Dave Houndriver because it's not a link to the actual regulations. At least it didn't have any ads.

OK Robert, you had your digs.  At least I don't call you a troll like some moderators on "other sites" have done :hystery:

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted

OK guys, please tell me why the ECC is needed to leave a country as a tourist?  And also, do you guys pay a departure tax as well?  

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jake said:

OK guys, please tell me why the ECC is needed to leave a country as a tourist?  And also, do you guys pay a departure tax as well?  

Probably due to the fact that after 6 months the Government thinks the average foreigner has had long enough to get himself into trouble with the law and built up debts and probably long enough for them to update their records. When you apply for your ECC your details will go through a database to ensure you have no outstanding convictions. I know in the UK as you pass through customs or security there's usually a Police presence ready to pounce on anyone that has outstanding convictions.

The only costs are 710php for the ECC and a further 500php for the express lane (admin fee).

• Like 2

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Jake said:

Because the BI won't let us go to the gate and leave without it. And no, that's one fee we don't have to pay.

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

The only costs are 710php for the ECC and a further 500php for the express lane (admin fee).

This is from the BI link in an earlier post:

"The Cost is either 1,210 pesos or 500 pesos depending on if you paid an ECC Fee  with your First Temporary Visitor’s Visa extension."

I was charged 700p for Emigration Clearance Certificate on my second TRV extension, the one for 7859p total including ACR card renewal. And if I leave before 6 months, I do not need an ECC but I was charged in advance. Maybe I will get a refund at the airport. NOT!

Robert, the SSRN on the front of the ACR card is the same number on that slip of paper. If you got an ACR card after the SSRN (Alien Registration with biometrics) was required (I think September 30/14 to October 1/15 cut off date), then that number will be on your new card, and every new card forever after.

• Like 3