Shocking Filipino witch doctor story

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

Any Expats wanna share their indigenous Filipino Healer - Kulam experience? Don't be shy we don't judge.

Please, no one wants to hear about that time with the Hey-Joe blue pill dude outside the mall....... only the real deal type preferably way out in da provinces late at night. What's the truth?

Edited by Old55

robert k
Posted
Posted

Well, there was the girl with leprosy that I knew. The quack actually came to her barangay to "heal" people. He was supposedly internet famous with a youtube video or two. He had one type of antibiotic that he was "prescribing" for everyone, no matter what their illness was. The real miracle was that the antibiotic he had was actually one used to treat leprosy (second best choice according to WHO)! But always in conjunction with another antibiotic which he did not have. When I looked it up the WHO said the antibiotic was never to be given alone in a case of leprosy because of the abysmally low rate of success (under 30%), while the success was about 99% in conjunction with the other antibiotic. The quack wanted 1,500 pesos for 20 of his pills. I said no and took her to Mercury Drug (no prescription) and bought her a full course treatment worth of the best medicine that the WHO suggested for 650 php. I gave her all my brand new socks as bandages. She was better if not totally healed in a week. She told me the quack also told her to have sex with him or she was going to die because the medicine I bought her was no good. Charming fellow, I wonder why he left the last community he was "serving"?

I wonder about the provenance of the medicine he had in what looked like a 1,000 count bags. Outdated? Stored in poor conditions, fell off the back of a truck, found to be substandard and thrown out? No way to tell. That is my tale.

• Like 2

Steve GCC
Posted
Posted

Wifes period was late..........phoned a nurse friend who said buy fresh herbs (Parsley), boil half in some water then drink the water.  The remaining half was supposed to be inserted in a privave place at her front.  This magic cure would bring on her period and avoid pregnancy!!!!

Have you ever heard such nonsense!  But it was pretty hilarious and still comes up in conversation which inevitably ends with me rolling on floor laughing to this day.

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
On 12/7/2016 at 6:53 AM, robert k said:

The quack actually came to her barangay to "heal" people. He was supposedly internet famous with a youtube video or two.

He was famous for overcharging.The woman should have put a blotter on him for asking for sex,there has to be some law against it.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

Something you all might like to read;

http://www.visayandailystar.com/2016/December/14/negor2.htm

Seems these healers get everywhere

Edited by Jack Peterson

Hey Steve
Posted
Posted

I wonder if this guy can heal a hang over too

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Heard an interesting story during a Filipino gathering in Phoenix, Arizona. 

A young mother had difficulties lactating and her baby wasn't getting enough milk. She switched to formula, but a midwife who claimed healing powers, counseled her that mother's milk is best. During the afternoon, the midwife make her smell aromatic herbs and plants tied in a bundle while massaging her back for nearly two hours. The next day, she woke up with her clothes and sheets wet from flowing milk.

At the time, she was living in a farm in Sorsogon. It happened about 40 years age and her son (the baby) who is all grown-up and married with children, looked embarrassed. 

Her only regret was not documenting this midwife's unique skill. Her current occupation is community nurse and many young mothers today give up fairly quickly if the milk is not flowing. One or two years of formula milk can be expensive. 

Reboot
Posted
Posted (edited)

My ex-mother in law was a witch doctor, fortune teller, etc. Did all that kind of stuff.

Edited by Reboot
  • Like 3

Jake
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Reboot said:

My ex-mother in law was a witch doctor, fortune teller, etc. Did all that kind of stuff.

Do you sometimes feel pins and needles across your family jewels?  

• Like 3