Damned Bites!!

Steve GCC
Posted
Posted

Hi All,

Every time i stay at SO's place in pangasinan I get biten to death!  Some mosquito and some I have no idea.  Picture below of small bites, usually across knuckles or on fingers, never on torso.  A little itchy, then blister after 24-48 hours, dont feel it when happens, normally when wake in morning feel and see them.

Any ideas from what? Dont think red ant bites as had those before and feel them bite.

Cheers Steve

Image may contain: one or more people and close-up

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Steve GCC said:

Picture below of small bites, usually across knuckles or on fingers,

Steve they look Like Blisters as well, I would get to a Doctor or Pharmacy and let them have a look. You just can't be too careful

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted

I think that it is an allergic reaction. I don't see a single point of a bite. Think about what you ate or drank since it happens only in Pangasinan and only on your knuckles.

• Like 1

Steve GCC
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

Steve they look Like Blisters as well, I would get to a Doctor or Pharmacy and let them have a look. You just can't be too careful

The blisters come up the next day.  The bite is small, has a small white head, then turns to small blisters for day or two which then disappears.

1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I get bug bites like that from very small spiders and ants.  I can't feel them when they bite but within seconds I feel an itch that becomes unbearable over a few days.  I have learned to recognize when I feel a bite and quickly brush off whatever minuscule bugs are biting me before I get dozens of bites.

When I get them on my knuckles it is because I am lying on a bed with my hand hanging over the edge. Then the bugs bite my hand and leave the rest of me alone.  What really is annoying is when one crawls, unknowingly, up my leg and bites my sac.  Freakin' itchy!  Lucky that has only happened once so far.

Sounds like we have the same bug bite problem!!  I never feel them bite.  It definitely happens when in bed always and notice the next morning when wake up.  Not so itchy and only for couple of days.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Might be bed bugs.  They are only active in the dark, so you will have to look for them in the middle of the night.  They are about the size of the head of pin.  Found them in a house we rented and man was it difficult to get rid of them.:571c66d400c8c_1(103):  We would get up in the night and kill any we saw, then spray around the edges of the bed, etc with baygon in the mornings (the one with orange scent).  Sprayed every day for maybe 10 days, but we finally exterminated the little #*&^%^s. 

• Like 4

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

Bedbugs.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

It looks like the reaction I get when bitten by the small red ants, but you would realize that right away, and see them.

In Laguna, the tiny tiny grey ants would bite me at night and cause itching, but no blisters like that.

Luckily, I have no experience with bedbugs.  I had no idea they could cause something like that.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

What really is annoying is when one crawls, unknowingly, up my leg and bites my sac.  Freakin' itchy!  Lucky that has only happened once so far.

I can hear that bug telling his bug buddies; "Dude, you guys WILL NOT believe what I freaking bit last night!.  Totally grossed me out man, I CANNOT BELIEVE I bit that!  Stay on the ground guys, believe me, STAY ON THE GROUND!!!" :hystery::hystery::hystery:

• Like 3