My neighbor has shamed me into working on my house

BobP
Posted
Posted

Wow!  Very impressive!

robert k
Posted
Posted

Fortunately this couldn't happen to me because everyone knows I have no shame.:thumbsup: That is also why I rent nice places, when they need a facelift, I move.:smile:

• Like 4

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Yes Don, it looks very nice.  I hope yours turns out as well as you plan.  I like the idea of a wider wall to set on.  Looking at the picture from the street, almost could be a residence in the US.  I've not been to Subic yet but if the whole neighborhood is like that photo, it looks nice and relaxing with those mature trees all around.  

• Like 5

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
33 minutes ago, intrepid said:

Yes Don, it looks very nice.  I hope yours turns out as well as you plan.  I like the idea of a wider wall to set on.  Looking at the picture from the street, almost could be a residence in the US.  I've not been to Subic yet but if the whole neighborhood is like that photo, it looks nice and relaxing with those mature trees all around.  

They are strict about tree cutting.  We plan to cut a few trees when we redesign the yard, and one of them will be the evergreen you see in the middle of the first picture.  They will tell us that we have to buy another tree to replace it, and what kind, then they will plant it somewhere, but not on our property.

Yes, it is quiet and relaxing here.

• Like 3

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted

That's a very nice nice and unique style house OMW. I don't think I've seen any house style similar to that duplex style. I don't see a problem with that pine tree though, it's a nice "statement" tree, and if you wanted it would make a nice decorated tree at Christmas.:smile: I like that wide porch look. Almost like a wraparound porch look, but straight instead.

• Like 4

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, intrepid said:

Looking at the picture from the street, almost could be a residence in the US. 

Originally built by the U.S. Navy, it probably did look like a U.S. city neighborhood years ago.  It still does, but the maintenance of the infrastructure has not kept up.  We have a new head guy for the Freeport and our neighborhood group has already had a meeting with him, so I hope things will improve.

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Once we started the build on the house in marikina it must have started something, there have been lots of renovations on the street now, and maybe it's improved the area too, but it's still not my sort if place I would like to call home, but a base it's just perfect.

• Like 2

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Looks like a beautiful porch. Will be a nice place for the kids to play outside.

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
40 minutes ago, earthdome said:

Looks like a beautiful porch. Will be a nice place for the kids to play outside.

Now that you mention it, I will go into more detail on the neighbors.  Actually the older couple are living there with their son and his family right now.  The son has 3 cute kids that match up well with our daughters.  They have twins, boy and a girl, who are 3, just older than my daughter, but they are smaller than her because they were pre-mature by a few months.  Very healthy and cute now.  Then they have a baby about 4 months, and our baby daughter is about 6 months.  So, lots of playmates for the kids!

They already have further plans.  They bought another duplex a few blocks away and will start work on it in January.  When half of it is ready to occupy, the older parents will move there, and the son and his family will stay next to us.

• Like 2