How will your family welcome your Filipina ?

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

Everyone in my family knows that I married a Filipina, even my close friends know. It will not be a problem for me.

However, I know of instances where it has been a problem. 

A family friend brought with him a Vietnamese bride and he told us that she was treated badly by his family.

My aunt hates Japanese. Her ex husband divorced her to marry one. She hates all Asian women now,

My uncles teased my cousin's wife because she was from Spain. She divorced my cousin rather than tolerate the comments.

A co-worker divorced his Philippine wife, first because she could not bear him a child. Then, because she had nothing in common with his friends. He liked off roading with friends and met a girl who also rode dirt bikes with them. 

Then, there is the movies with Tommy Lee Jones. HEAVEN ON EARTH. It shows how his family back home treated his Vietnamese wife. It was sad/

• Like 2

earthdome
Posted
Posted

There haven't been any problems with my family or friends. Most are very happy for us with only a few who might have issues with it but have not said or done anything that I am aware of. Are you concerned about your return to the US?

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, earthdome said:

There haven't been any problems with my family or friends. Most are very happy for us with only a few who might have issues with it but have not said or done anything that I am aware of. Are you concerned about your return to the US?

No, not at all concerned. None of my family or friends are bigots and all are really happy for me to finally settle down. In fact all are anxiously waiting to meet my wife. My wife speaks fluent English but with a Visayan accent. My wife will be the one to adjust, just as I have adjusted here. I doubt that will be a problem. Our family is very close and she will be a part of t. 

• Like 3

earthdome
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, Gratefuled said:

No, not at all concerned. None of my family or friends are bigots and all are really happy for me to finally settle down. In fact all are anxiously waiting to meet my wife. My wife speaks fluent English but with a Visayan accent. My wife will be the one to adjust, just as I have adjusted here. I doubt that will be a problem. Our family is very close and she will be a part of t. 

Glad to hear that. From your OP I thought you might have been concerned about this.

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Same for me, all my family and friends have accepted my SO and she is treated like one of the family or crowd as the case may be.

• Like 1

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

14 year son: "mutter grunt back to video game"

21 year old son: "Well done, Dad!"

• Like 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted

My family thinks Emma is just wonderful infact she is treated better then i am ,

• Like 2