Our House Construction

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Looks great what is your budget for the project if you don't mind me asking, and what size is the property too.

• Like 2

intrepid
Posted
Posted
24 minutes ago, stevewool said:

Looks great what is your budget for the project if you don't mind me asking, and what size is the property too.

Steve, The property size is 435 sq meters.  Contract for project is 6.62 million not including an estimated 650k for the wall.  About 292 meters.  11' ceiling first floor, 9' ceiling second.  Living room open through second floor to roof ceiling.  There is a masters bedroom on the first and second floor with two additional bedrooms upstairs also along with a family room and small balcony.  Master bedrooms are 25 sq meters.

• Like 5

Happyhorn52
Posted
Posted

Please continue posting periodic updates. I'm keeping notes for future reference.

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I always enjoy reading this type post. Thanks for sharing.

• Like 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Just showed Emma this and out she comes with why cant we have a car port against our house , i think its some sort of car port on the right hand side of your plans aint it,

Anyway i said we can and i have said before but you wanted rooms built on top of it, ( i am worried that this may be used for the extended family ).

Anyway on our next trip or when i have given in to her suggestion, i may look into the cost of this,

• Like 3

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted

Best wishes on your new house construction Intrepid! If the dollar stays strong, that will be a big boost for you too!

Queenie

• Like 2

intrepid
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, stevewool said:

i think its some sort of car port on the right hand side of your plans aint it,

Actually it's a two car garage, 7m x 7m closed on three sides.  Has windows on sides and doors you see are on the back wall.  One on left leads into dirty kitchen and the other to the back yard and walk around the house.

• Like 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Queenie O. said:

Best wishes on your new house construction Intrepid! If the dollar stays strong, that will be a big boost for you too!

Queenie

Yes, we planned this when the dollar was just over 46.  The down payment was exchanged at 48+ The rest we will exchange after the first of the year as we need it, or as we see the rate starting to lower.  Although the predictions say it should remain up through 2018.  Oh yes we are happy about the higher.  I usually never have this kind of luck.  That's why when we planned our construction budget I used 45 for my rate.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...