Our House Construction

Reedster
Posted
Posted

Thanks for this post.  I am still ten years from retirement, but I would love to move there some day with my Filipina wife.  You home looks great.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Jake
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, intrepid said:

Maybe I should have started another post about one of the "great local people we have met."  But it also fits well as a follow up to our build;

Thank you Danny for your detailed testimonial about your new friend.  If the moderators don't mind, could you please post his business contact information?  

Well done sir!

• Like 2

intrepid
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, Jake said:

Thank you Danny for your detailed testimonial about your new friend.  If the moderators don't mind, could you please post his business contact information?  

Well done sir!

If it's okay here, I feel I should ask him first before I post his name and contact info. 

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, intrepid said:

If it's okay here, I feel I should ask him first before I post his name and contact info. 

How did you initially find this engineer / contractor?  We plan to do some major work on the house in a few years and I should probably start the search for an engineer / architect now.  We would like to get some design ideas soon.

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

My concern is if he is doing all of this for free how much was he overcharging in the first place.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Gary D said:

My concern is if he is doing all of this for free how much was he overcharging in the first place.

Scratching Head.jpg Hmmmmmmmmm Good Point that would make me a little suspicious too :thumbsup:

Jack:huh:

Morning All:morning1:

• Like 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

How did you initially find this engineer / contractor?  We plan to do some major work on the house in a few years and I should probably start the search for an engineer / architect now.  We would like to get some design ideas soon.

Don,

He was recommended to me by my brother-in-law.  He had some friends who hired him in the past and were very satisfied.  Interesting thing is after meeting him, we wanted a second bid.  After asking another friend here for a recommendation of an architect so we could compare.  That recommendation ended up being the same architect.  We did locate a different architect but there was nothing to compare after meeting him.  We had an easy decision.  I will meet him tomorrow morning and will ask if he would have a recommendation for an architect in the Subic area.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I have never liked this % of material cost as the cost of labour etc" and would never agree to it. You spend 1 million on goods and they charge you 40 % in building but if you pay 2 million in Goods it is still 40% so come on it don't take Brain surgery to figure we get ripped off. NAH! we Bought and paid our own Team, To get the job done right you gotta be in Control, Paying a Contract price leaves it wide open.

For me getting the best materials and a contract price like this just means, we are paying over the odds for the same job.

• Like 4