That time of year again

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Its Christmas and many will receive there pressies on Christmas day and lots will be happy with what they have received too, but sometimes its hard to get the gift for someone so far away.

This year we have decided to send cash, its all going to go to Emma's dad and he is going to give it out under Emma's rules.

So much for the nieces and nephews, her brother and her father and the sister in law, and here lies the problem.

I have tried not to get involved this year with what she wants to send and to give to who also, but after Emma decided what she is giving she got the message from sil , the kids are poorly and they need this and that , in other words she wants more then Emma is giving her, funny thing is this is 3 years running now.

Well , Emma has turned ,Who do they think they are , i work dam hard here and i go with out just to please them, and on and on she went, at last the penny has dropped i thought.

The sil is getting what she was in the first place and a message to " get of you arse and help support your family". i wonder how long this new Emma is going to last.

I know there are many stories like this that are ongoing but what about this other story.

A cousin of Emma's  who works in England a great job and life living  it up in London has just got in touch with her mum asking for help and £5000, has just been sent to her. this will help with all the parties over the holiday period , you see it happens no matter where we live.

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, stevewool said:

i wonder how long this new Emma is going to last.

Likes by the lorry load.jpg For the Coming few days mate OK?

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Its a start Jack

• Like 2

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted (edited)

We had the same problem when we were in the UK mostly Nephews and Nieces needed money for college etc

We helped put 2 of them through college etc and helped others with medicines etc

funny thing is now we are living in the Philippines everybody suddenly has become healthy and none of them

Do not want to go to college !! I said to the wife its because we are here now and we will see where the money

they may ask for actually goes to !

In 5 years not one relative has asked for money !

Edited by expatuk2014
  • Like 2