Side Trips For Manila Based Noob

Reboot
Posted
Posted (edited)

So I'm starting to plan my return to the Philippines, and I am interested in info on possible side trips.

I'll almost certainly be in Manila for the duration of my next stay, but I'd like to find some quick and fun places for a couple to visit on weekends.

Basically, I am talking about bang out on a Saturday morning, jam back on a Monday afternoon and get back to work type stuff.

Not necessarily limited to Luzon. If it's a quick direct flight, and a great place to chill for a couple of days/experience something new that's always a consideration.

What say you and thanks in advance.

Edited by Reboot

chris49
Posted
Posted

Tagaytay on a 1-2 night stay. Cooler, with magnificent views over Lake Taal and the volcanoes. About 2 hours driving out of Manila if timed properly. Monday would be a good choice of a day to travel back, not Sunday.

• Like 3

earthdome
Posted
Posted (edited)

Caramoan Islands on the south east coast of Luzon. More natural beauty and less touristy. Some Survivor episodes have been filmed there. Nice place to island hop for a day or two. Haven't made it there yet but it is on my short list.

Edited by earthdome
  • Like 2

earthdome
Posted
Posted

For the more adventurous and healthy hike up to the top of Mt. Pinatubo volcano east of Clark airport. Or if you want to avoid the hiking I have heard you can rent a small plane to tour the volcano from the air.

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Lets face it, You are not much more than an Hour from anywhere with an Airport. Plenty of Domestic Flights from Manila a Weekend away from Friday til Monday will not be hard to achieve as Long as no cancellations. :89: 

• Like 2

not so old china hand
Posted
Posted

An overnight stay in the hotel on Corregidor Island.

• Like 3

jpbago
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

from Friday til Monday will not be hard to achieve as Long as no cancellations.

Last Friday we heard a passenger plane fly by rather low and loud at around 6:30 PM, then again shortly after so we went outside and could see the plane clearly at 400 feet so I went online to Flight Aware to see what was going on. There was a Cebu Pacific and an Air Philippines both from Manila that were circling from Bago to Victorias at least 4 times then the CP went to Cebu. They both were more than 2 hours late having left MNL late. There was another CP going to Iloilo from Mnl that was circling also and late. The CP that went to Cebu was flying at 100 ft. Flight Aware shows lots of info like the ID, flight path, speed and elevation. I was surprised in how low they all were. My daughter said that Bacolod was getting heavy rain, likely Iloilo too.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

So . . .  You are not much more than 5 1/2 hours from anywhere with an Airport LOL LOL :hystery:

What! you want things Too easy, where is your Adventure  Mode cos that's what i think the OP wants.:smile: We have always said, the trip is part of the vacation EH?:thumbsup:

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted

There are many places you can visit if you are wanting too.

Fro our base in Marikina we can travel for a few hours in the car and be in the hills in Laguna, and like others have said Tagatay is a amazing place to be, a hours flight you could be anywhere ok it could tke you half a day with waiting times but i am sure it is worth it.

Or you could travel for a few hours in heavy traffic to the mall of Asia and spend loads , the world is in your hands

• Like 2