Side Trips For Manila Based Noob

robert k
Posted
Posted

Hop an aircon bus, ferry at Batangas and go to Puerto Galera if you haven't been.

• Like 2

Reboot
Posted
Posted

I'll have to try some of those bus trips. Did some of Manila last I was there. Intramuros, Mall of Asia, Ocean Park, American Cemetary...stuff like that. Personally I am more keen on getting out into the countryside. I wonder if Baguio is doable on that time frame.

earthdome
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Reboot said:

I'll have to try some of those bus trips. Did some of Manila last I was there. Intramuros, Mall of Asia, Ocean Park, American Cemetary...stuff like that. Personally I am more keen on getting out into the countryside. I wonder if Baguio is doable on that time frame.

The Victory Liner deluxe bus can make it from Manila (EDSA not far from MOA) to Baguio in 4 1/2 hours if you take an overnight bus. Buy tickets in advance both ways to ensure you can get the deluxe bus. The deluxe bus doesn't stop and has a CR. That should be doable for a 2-3 day trip.

• Like 3

chris49
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, Reboot said:

That's about as boring as I can imagine.

There's nothing in Baguio except heavy traffic. Two nice golf courses and the annual flower festival, which I would skip.

The cool weather is frigid about 5-6 AM, and I would never go back there after 2 earlier visits.

Steve GCC
Posted
Posted

My two penneth worth.........

Tagatay as suggested, cooler, nice view of lake and volcano -  Two days.......hmmm I would get bored I think.  Get up early, get bus there, have breakfast or lunch looking at volcano, then get trike down to lakes edge, hop on boat to island and go on a horse (size of donkey) up to the top of volcano.  I am 6'2" and my feet almost dragged on the floor, but they assured me it was ok! Then go home.

Baguio I agree, lots of traffic and now like Manilla, Camp John Hay nice for a wander around for an hour but not much else IMHO

If did an overnight bus, maybe Vegan which is a good day, last time there got pony and trap, toured all it had to offer in a day for I think c1k Peso

Hundred Islands also nice trip out, again once there only need a day to hire a boat for the day which is cheap enough and float around islands, one has a half decent BBQ place we had lunch, sleep, go home.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Reboot
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the suggestions gents. Got a date for a work related trip (Vanc Canada) end of next month clears my schedule through mid April...think I will be packing more than winter clothes when I go there....hehe.