Foreigner with Filipina, so who calls the shots?

stevewool
Posted
Posted (edited)

I know many will tut when i say "I always have the last word in my house" YES DEAR

Just have to add this ,MEOW, MEOW, MEOW, All the comments so far and i am sure the ones that will follow will prove we are all pussy cats, we may show our claws somedays, but we soon turn onto our backs waiting for our belly to be rubbed and tickled , we have made our new lives PURRRRRRRRRRRRRFECT MEOW.:thumbsup:

Edited by stevewool
ADDED
  • Like 1

Nephi
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

Neither one of us tells the other what to do. We each have our freedom.  All major decisions, she will defer to me. Even if I want to discuss options she would rather I just decide.  She encourages me to go out with friends because she thinks I am bored out here. If I am bored I will go somewhere - if I am sitting around the house house it is because I want to. I keep telling her that but she does not believe it. I prefer privacy over socializing.

Of course she makes my hot Milo every morning, and she does most of the cooking. She massages my head and back all the time (it is selfish of her...it helps me sleep... which allows her to sleep better ha ha). 

As long as she has some pocket money for new shoes, she is happy.  Luckily she only buys p150 shoes!  :tiphat:

Tim, Sounds like ya have it pretty well worked out. Main thing is to be able to enjoy life without too many worries. One things for sure; it's a darned site better than living back in our home countries -- at least to me.

• Like 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Nephi said:

One things for sure; it's a darned site better than living back in our home countries -- at least to me.

NOT FOR ME

Sorry it was so bad for you back where ever you lived.

Happy New Year here.

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Gratefuled said:

NOT FOR ME

Sorry it was so bad for you back where ever you lived.

Happy New Year here.

Yeah, it is ok here... but after I retire I might consider going back to the US. I never had any issues there and was quite pleased with it.  I just could not afford to quit working ha ha. I have never been too attached to any location - I am easy.  :tiphat:

• Like 4

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

In Japan In not sure who called the shots here but this husband went 20 years without talking to his wife. 

https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/33698608/sulking-husband-goes-20-years-without-speaking-to-wife/#page1

Sulking husband goes 20 years without speaking to wife

While many couples have experienced some awkward, sulking silences after an argument, their experiences would not compare to one husband and wife who have not spoken for more than 20 years.

Otou Yumi, from Nara, southern Japan, lives with his three children and wife, Katayama.

But he hasn’t spoken to his better half for more than two decades.

Katayama perseveres in making conversation with the sullen Otou but has only ever receives a nod or a grunt.

However things are looking up, after their 18-year-old son Yoshiki wrote to a TV show in Japan asking them to fix the situation.

The son said he had never heard them have a conversation.

Husband Otou felt that his wife’s attention was focused entirely on their kids and he was jealous.

Hokkaido TV set up a meeting between them in the park where they had their first date, as their emotional children watched on.

Somehow it's been a while since we talked”, Otou said.

“You were so concerned about the kids.

“Yumi up until now, you have endured a lot of hardship.

“I want you to know I'm grateful for everything.”

Otou said: “I was kind of... jealous. I was sulking about it.”

“There's no going back now I guess.”

robert k
Posted
Posted (edited)

I read about a couple in Cuba who hadn't spoke in 30 years. They had 8 kids. As Bubba used to say, a woman like that is hard to find!:thumbsup:

Most filipinas don't talk as much as I would like. They say that changes when you get to know them but how is that supposed to happen if they don't talk?:smile: Of course they will text you for hours and after midnight until you turn the phone off just after you part.

Edited by robert k

Reboot
Posted
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, robert k said:

I read about a couple in Cuba who hadn't spoke in 30 years. They had 8 kids. As Bubba used to say, a woman like that is hard to find!:thumbsup:

That's got to be a myth. There's no such thing as Cuban woman who will shut up. Trust me on this one. 

Edited by Reboot

mogo51
Posted
Posted

I run the budget in the household and make most monetary decisions, but always discuss with my SO. She is very easy going and if she does raise something, it is usually fair. I am very fortunate, she is the most even mannered and placid person I have ever met.

• Like 3