Expats, what best Filipino hangover cure?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

So "hair of the dog|"  seems to be the hangover cure that the local filipinos use, perhaps?

:thumbsup: With the amount of beer crates coming from the local sari sari I would say this is going to be a Noisy Jan 1st certainly a session:7500:

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
32 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

I would say this is going to be a Noisy Jan 1st

When I woke at 8 am it was eerily quiet here.  But slowly they have been waking up.  The music and voices are getting louder.  Its OK though.  I enjoy hearing people having fun.  Its only those LOUD banging firecrackers that piss me off.  They are like freakin gunshots.  Fortunately most of them were used up at midnight last night.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Fortunately most of them were used up at midnight last night.

Wish I could say the Same here, the dogs have been freaking out since early doors. :angry:

• Like 3

RBM
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, jpbago said:

And they are still drinking at 9 AM. When they run out of money, they will go to sleep. I, too, did not have a drink last night and took the dog for a long walk this morning.

Still drinking 9am......you just got a be winding us Up? 

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

Hair of the dog, only means the drank too much to dress it properly.  

Best with lemon grass and sport peppers.

:7500:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
44 minutes ago, RBM said:

Still drinking 9am......you just got a be winding us Up? 

No way JP is right, My neighbours are still at it now, I walked the Dogs at 7.30 and things were still in Full swing. The funny answer from one of them was hey Joe! We only have One New Years day  a year ( As if they need a reason to Party) :hystery:

• Like 4

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I dont know if its a hangover cure but a Filipina friend showed me a photo of something her mother made for her when she had upset tummy etc, it was corn husks, somehow it was black, maybe cooked or burnt but the juice or liquid was strained from this black stuff and she drank it and solved her problem. 

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

it was corn husks, somehow it was black, maybe cooked or burnt but the juice or liquid was strained from this black stuff and she drank it and solved her problem. 

Maybe you could get the recipe and dare I say it, sell the cure to those that over Indulge when you are up and Running. :shades:

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Charcoal, is a folk remedy well known and still used today. I guess that may be what she had?

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, Old55 said:

Charcoal, is a folk remedy well known and still used today. I guess that may be what she had?

It looked like a mass of burnt popcorn. 

• Like 1