Posted
On 1/1/2017 at 9:13 AM, Nephi said:

One thing NOT found in the Philippines?

I'll name two - poi and lau lau

• Like 1

Hey Steve
Posted
Posted

The choice between debit and credit (where credit cards are accepted) when making a purchase. I'm sure that's a looong way off.

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
On 1/2/2017 at 11:43 AM, robert k said:
On 1/2/2017 at 11:43 AM, robert k said:

JJ you must be in low population western states if you are finding #2 diesel, I haven't seen anything but #1 diesel or high sulfur offroad diesel in Texas for years. The only difference between #1 and #2 is #1 is drier (less lubrication and a better solvent) and back when I was a tractor trailer mechanic the #1 would eat through pipe dope that was used on fuel fittings on older trucks. Newer trucks didn't have the problem. I made quite a bit of money replacing the pipe dope with teflon tape. You can add motor oil / 2 stroke oil to #1 diesel to make it "wet" like #2 and to make it have equal lubricating properties.

Thanks for the information. Diesel #2 is required or else Mercedes Benz voids all warranties. All states and Canada now sell this fuel. We are in Texas at the moment visiting state parks and to catch a cruise at Port of Galveston for South America. This is the 3rd year wherein we spend January in Texas. Friends at Port O'Connor also take us out for ocean fishing. A fishing license for out=of-state visitors is now $16.00 per person per day.

• Like 1

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Hey Steve said:

The choice between debit and credit (where credit cards are accepted) when making a purchase. I'm sure that's a looong way off.

BDO  has debit cards now Steve. Not sure how many actually have or use them... You can only use them in-country though I think..

• Like 2

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
On 1/3/2017 at 0:26 AM, Guy F. said:

Bungee cords- elastic cords with a hook at each end.

Ace Hardware only Guy!

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Sugar soap; For washing Walls before Painting.  Sugarsoap.jpg

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Queenie O. said:

10 hours ago, Hey Steve said:

BDO  has debit cards now

The majority of banks I would suspect do, I like to use mine as her-in-Doors Can't go Over a limit Set ( and Of course what is in the account)

Also where the sign Banknet is displayed they are accepted. I wish they were tied to Major International as my UK card is on Visa it can be used just about anywhere, But as with many things they are on In house so to speak. 

• Like 3

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Jack Peterson said:

The majority of banks I would suspect do, I like to use mine as her-in-Doors Can't go Over a limit Set ( and Of course what is in the account)

Also where the sign Banknet is displayed they are accepted. I wish they were tied to Major International as my UK card is on Visa it can be used just about anywhere, But as with many things they are on In house so to speak. 

Yes Jack--I was hoping too, to use one for some international on-line purchases..

• Like 2