Expats... Name one thing not found in Philippines

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 1/22/2017 at 0:17 AM, Sander Martin said:

I have seen cider for sale in the Cebu Ayala Supermarket - it was either Aussi or South African. It wasnt all that good, but drinkable..

All comes down to an acquired taste. What you think is nice may not be to me or the next guy.

• Like 3

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted
On 25 January 2017 at 6:09 PM, Jollygoodfellow said:

All comes down to an acquired taste. What you think is nice may not be to me or the next guy.

You wont know until you try. They might still have it in stock at Ayala.

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
On 1/26/2017 at 0:09 AM, Jollygoodfellow said:

That`s true the other week I managed to get some UK foodstuff and my taste has changed( I didn`t go too much on it) too much soy sauce I think.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
JerryNRea
Posted
Posted
On 1/4/2017 at 11:18 PM, Jollygoodfellow said:

Why, seems every Filipino has a cell phone so why need a pay phone? 

I can't cal from my cell phone, it won't allow international calls   A good land line with a prepaid card would be great   Not 'abailable' here

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, JerryNRea said:

I can't cal from my cell phone, it won't allow international calls 

That's a first for me.  I have known Philippine cell phones that won't allow international calls to 800 numbers but to all other numbers all I have needed is a LOT of load.   What sim is that?

JerryNRea
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

That's a first for me.  I have known Philippine cell phones that won't allow international calls to 800 numbers but to all other numbers all I have needed is a LOT of load.   What sim is that?

I have a cell phone with AT&T in the US   They can't send a cal from here to there  When I talk to people here about reloading so that I can, they don't understand the concept   No AT&T here

allancomeau
Posted
Posted

An elevator operator for an elevator that goes from Ground floor to the First floor.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Frito corn chips (except at duty free in Manila lol

jrlee183
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, JerryNRea said:

I can't cal from my cell phone, it won't allow international calls   A good land line with a prepaid card would be great   Not 'abailable' here

We just started using Viber Out for when we are travelling for extended periods so the missus can keep in touch with the family back home.  Its a great alternative to Skype and you can buy a package of minutes to anywhere in the world.  Most importantly it works when calling the province (Bicol in this instance) which typically has awful mobile signal, especially for international calls.  As long as you have a stable wifi or reliable 3g/4g connection its fine.

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I was going to say spray foam... but then I found it on Lazada.  I just can't bring myself to pay p1,300 a can ha ha.  (it is like $5 a can in the US)

At the hardware store they never heard of it and kept trying to point me to the tire cleaning foam... 

spray-foam-insulation-great-stuff-resized-600.png

• Like 1