Philippines, any unspoiled forests jungle or preserve?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Is there an undeveloped rainforest, jungle or park outside of Mindanao a Foreigner could safely visit? Preferably with reasonable access. The Palawan thread got me thinking that, Palawan may be the last place in Philippines to have truly unspoiled areas today. Wild monkeys that would be a plus.*

*Jake, Not wild monkey business!

• Like 2

Reboot
Posted
Posted

Totally off topic, but Costa Rica is great for that sort of thing. They pretty much invented eco-tourism there. I haven't done much venturing in the wilderness in the Ph....yet.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, Reboot said:

Totally off topic, but Costa Rica is great for that sort of thing. They pretty much invented eco-tourism there. I haven't done much venturing in the wilderness in the Ph....yet.

Exactly. They have strictly blocked development of huge areas and Costa Rica is a small country big payoff in tourism.

Opo Island and the area off Moalboal are world class marine preserves but I don't know of any forests or jungle that has not been clearcut.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, Old55 said:

Is there an undeveloped rainforest, jungle or park outside of Mindanao a Foreigner could safely visit?

The Interior of Siquijor is fairly well isolated and is safe to Visit, much to see Inland Coves and Caves.

Siquijor  Map.gif  siquijor_map 2.png Guest Houses Are many around the beach line

Jack:smile:

Morning All:morning1: ( day 2 and still around:thumbsup:)

Edited by Jack Peterson
added a piece
  • Like 5

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

Thank you Jack. Easy to visit from Cebu. Safety is an issue..... Witches, dontcha know.:pufff:

Edited by Old55
  • Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Old55 said:

Thank you Jack. Easy to visit from Cebu. Safety is an issue..... Witches, dontcha know.:pufff:

:hystery: Nah Mate I brought them Home Siquijor My lot.jpgThe girls..jpg

• Like 4

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

:hystery: Nah Mate I brought them Home

I think you be in the dog house Jack :smile:

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I think you be in the dog house Jack :smile:

In it, I seem to own it. jack in the Dighaouse.jpg:hystery:

robert k
Posted
Posted

There are tribes on Mindoro who don't want to mix with the modern world, or so I have read. I didn't go to see for myself because that would be defeating their purpose if it's true.:89:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I've done a reasonable amount of walking along forest and "jungle" trails and I have found that as soon as I get to an unspoiled or preserved area I can hear the whine of a chainsaw from an illegal logger.  Kind of like walking on the beach in the "preserved" area near Sibulan.  They have an outpost to observe that the area stays "preserved" but the guy watching just sits back and lets the locals rape the sea sand, fish and anything they can eat.  The only thing the "preserve" it from seems to be the fishing boats.