Looking for short term condo rentals.

AlexRRR
Posted
Posted

His all I'm new too this forum though have been active in a Thai one, curiosity has gotten the better of me and now with time on my hands I'm seriously considering spending a few months there Manila, preferably Cebu not sure yet will see how it all goes before i make the decision, no need to compare I've been to Manila 1 time and i was not impressed though only 1 visit and staying in a different location may change my mind, that trip which was my only one there i went to Palawan as well.

If the learned here could point me to websites or suggest accomodation i would very much appreciate that.

I dont need any more than a studio and cost is a factor not so much because i dont have it its because i will be in a third world country i think its outrageous to be paying stupid prices when the locals make next to nothing, budget is around 14,000 Pesos, i am a veteran of Bangkok so i knows how it works there i pay in a good area close to a big mall and the MRT which are within a 15 min walk with 3 major supermarkets within 5 min walk plus dozens of restaurants  gym and movie theatre also 5 min walk 9,000B for a 40 sq meter 1 bed room condo plus net which is less than my budget for the Phillipines, at this point in time its a short term lease and i can get that in BKK looking at 2 possibly 3 months.

Internet is a given no big deal if its not, reasonable distance to transport is important not a fan of jeeps and swore i wouldn't get in one again but thats highly unlikely isn't it? Obviously walking distance to supermarket and shopping would be advantageous dont care about bars as I'm only a social drinker and dont find bar girls entertaining either I'm not a prude so some sort of night life would be welcome though not important.

Thank you in advance..

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I like the Wimdu site.  For a month in Balamban, Cebu I would look at something like this

http://www.wimdu.com/offers/BXYTKCG6?checkin_date=2017-03-04&checkout_date=2017-04-04&min_bedrooms=1&object_types[]=apartment&per_page=25&search_geolocation=2036-philippines&sort_by=price_asc

If its not showing up for you I have a screenshot.  The monthly rate is 525 US (21K pesos) and once you book the first month you can contact the owner and ask for a discount for any further months.  I cannot remember if they will let you contact the owner direct before you book.

Wimdu.jpg

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

Sailor's Cabin Balamban $14.000 Mo. 1 Bedroom Appt includes living room bedroom kitchen and dining area hot water and aircon. 

two bedroom a bit more.  We stay there because Fe's brother is across the street.  Say Hi to Lucas when you go.

• Like 1

afathertobe
Posted
Posted

Rent, both short and long term, is quite a bit more expensive here than in Thailand and of lower quality. You may be disappointed if you don't adjust your expectations accordingly. You won't get anywhere with 14k php for a studio in Cebu city, especially for short term rentals. 

The locals make next to nothing, that's true, but they also live in conditions few people would put up with elsewhere. Even the middle class live in places I couldn't bare. 

• Like 1