Say the wrong word and it hits the fan

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Emma has lots of friends here in England and they keep in touch either by seeing each other the odd time or facebook and even chatting on the phone,

There are times when the try to meet up but something comes up and it has to be cancelled, but there seems to be the same person who wants to arranged something and then at the last minute she will cancel it, so Emma is left with no plans , now she says this does not bother her but deep down i know it does,

Now when this person tries to arranged something what concerns me i always say no or i will let you know, take the other day on our new years day walk, she sort of invited herself ad tried to take over the arrangements of where to meet and at what time, well i was having none of it, we shall park here and we will meet you there i said, and its up to you where you want to park, well the next evening Emma got the call she cannot make it,

Well yesterday Emma got the call do you want to come to Wollaton park with her and the kids and Steve too., well the answer from me was no, i had plans already.

Well this morning myself and Emma was talking about something and suddenly i was told we go nowhere , sorry where has that come from, well we go nowhere she said again, well that was that, "funny aint it when lots of other things get thrown into it".

Not going anywhere do you mean shopping and to peoples houses to chat and talk and to show off what you and they have , well you are right, but going all over the world together and having treats for each other well you are out of order i said, but if that is what you are wanting instead of this you are welcome to go your own way i said,

It was nice walking around the lake and down the cycle path , just myself and the camera, "this is when i could do with a dog", well after a few hours i came home edited all my pictures and listening to the Talking Heads, life sometimes is bliss, but cant wait to get back to normal "my sort of normal too"

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Steve my friend, I believe you have been dealt with what is commonly called, the "Face Syndrome" Don't worry we all suffer this and it is one thing you won't have to adapt to as it sounds you are getting used to it before you come :thumbsup:

Jack:shades:

Morning All:morning1: 

• Like 5

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, stevewool said:

i always say no

Are you suggesting "No" is the wrong word :popcorn:

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Are you suggesting "No" is the wrong word :popcorn:

No, but after no i sometimes say lets think about it, just in case yes is better, but sometimes no should have been said in the first place

• Like 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

Hmmmmm Now you all know why I have been quiet lately.........:shades:

• Like 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Kuya John said:

Hmmmmm Now you all know why I have been quiet lately.........:shades:

Come on John, you can't just leave it like that, you have to tell us so we all can have a laugh, sorry I ment understand

• Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Sometimes just talking gets you in trouble. Steve I don`t like it either when people try to hijack the plans already made.

• Like 3

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

Sometimes just talking gets you in trouble. Steve I don`t like it either when people try to hijack the plans already made.

4 hours ago, stevewool said:

Come on John, you can't just leave it like that, you have to tell us so we all can have a laugh, sorry I ment understand

Point in Question, Either plans are made without being consulted or are changed without being told, there are times to be honest, when I feel like the house boy!

Since retiring it is considered that,"as you have nothing better to do" run here, do this, do that, etc etc!!

Maybe recent health problems (nothing major) I have felt low, consequently I am considered a grumpy old git and sometimes get the silent treatment :whistling:

Well the worm has turned :Caught: Don't tell me how to wash the dishes :56da64b64cbd8_36_6_31: Err Err coming dear.......:hystery:

Edited by Kuya John
  • Like 4

davewe
Posted
Posted

Just had New Years Eve. 1st we were going to one party, at a Filipina's house whose parties are often lousy, postponed or cancelled. My response? "Is the New Years Eve party actually going to be on 12/31 or will it get delayed to mid-February?"

Nonetheless I was happy to go. Early in the week there was a change. So and so invited us to her house where lechon would be served. All you have to do is mention lechon and Janet is all in. I didn't care - just tell me where to drive. There was plenty of food and drink but the hosts were barely around. By 10:00 we were bored and Janet said "Let's go to Party Number 1. I feel guilty that we didn't go." 

As an old fart, who had already been fed and liquored up, I would just as soon go home, but instead after confirming 4 or 5 times that she really wanted to go to the other party, we left and arrived at Party One in time for the ball to drop, etc.

It sounds exciting - "we went to 2 New Years Parties" but in point of fact we went to 2 lousy parties. And Janet was more than happy to complain that both the parties sucked and even the lechon was not top notch. In the end all was right with the world and we acknowledged that Janet would have thrown a better party!

• Like 4