Constant Nasal Congestion

anthonytt
Posted
Posted

I don't know if it's the tropical climate here but I'm constantly congested nasal not chest. Always blowing out alot of phlegm. Anyone have this problem? Thanks..

Reboot
Posted
Posted

41 minutes ago, anthonytt said:

I don't know if it's the tropical climate here but I'm constantly congested nasal not chest. Always blowing out alot of phlegm. Anyone have this problem? Thanks..

I had issues over there too. Not sure if pollen related ot the awful air pollution.

jpbago
Posted
Posted
47 minutes ago, anthonytt said:

I have the same problem in Cebu, the air is heavily polluted as the mountains hold the pollution in the city. You will see many people wearing masks.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Sometimes I get this through pollen but it happens quite often I think because of the high humidity and the dust all around.In a bigger city it can also be caused by pollution.A mask does help.

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, anthonytt said:

Have you tried Loratadine?

robert k
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, Reboot said:

I had issues over there too. Not sure if pollen related ot the awful air pollution.

I found that although I was never very susceptible to Bronchitis chest or nasal in the US I did contract it a couple times in the Philippines. Dust and pollution you breathe in from public transport was what I believe really did me in, occasionally smoke from trash fires. Once I identified the problem and got my own transport, it never happened again. Thank God I have not found anything I'm allergic to in the Philippines. In the US I sneeze until my sinuses bleed from ragweed and mountain cedar spring and early summer. my next Philippine vehicle will have a cabin air filter.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, anthonytt said:

I'm constantly congested nasal not chest. Always blowing out alot of phlegm. Anyone have this problem?

I get it once in a while when I pick up some kind of cold or flu, or when the pollution is particularly bad, or when the air conditioner needs cleaning.  Other than that  I'm good and I got more of that kind of thing back in northern Canada than I do here.

• Like 1

DavidK
Posted
Posted

Seems to be endemic here at this time of year in particular, I've been suffering with it on and off since the beginning of November. Sleeping in an air-conditioned bedroom doesn't help either. 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

For me it is mainly Dust but Pollen don't help so I am never without Inhalor.png or a couple of Snow bear candy  Snow bear.JPG   to keep the mouth Moist

Jack:huh:

Morning All:morning1:

• Like 3

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted

I tend to blame that on the smoke from both cooking and burning trash fires. Once I moved my sinuses cleared up. Same thing happened when I lived in Guatemala next to a bakery. I was on the third floor and the smoke came in my window nearly every day. I moved to a room an the back and my sinuses cleared up there also.

• Like 1