THE CAR! & am I going through it this Morning

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

OK so I bumped (Scratched) the car on the Tail end of a Jeepney with a tail Board wrapped round that was unseen. Parked where he was never supposed to be and left very little room to pass and NO where to reverse or turn, others had followed me her route. Ye Gods you would think I had Murdered someone. OK so it is a bit worse than I imagined as last night as it was dark and raining quite heavy. No Street lights and Raining, visability was very low, Late Dusk, almost dark

After some 50 years of Driving a car I Know, these things happen and I will not loose any sleep over it. As a None car driver she routes me through areas that she knows are OK on her Bike but just does not understand that you can't do in a car what you can on a Bike.

Am I the only one or?

Jack:89:

Morning All:morning1:

• Like 5

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

No fault here.  Give her a kiss and an apology (regardless of not being at fault) and let it go.  

:hystery: You are not married to that Mrs perfect. I have forgotten it already But..........................:571c66d400c8c_1(103): maybe one day one of her friends will tell her the same thing. :whistling:

• Like 3

robert k
Posted
Posted

I miss the old beat up car I used to drive. I could be parked right in front of a shop door and often there was no car parked near me. I used to say that car had "Road Cred".:smile: I wish they had clear rust converter back then to maintain the pristine condition! Maybe natural state would be a better description?

• Like 4

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

OK so I bumped (Scratched) the car on the Tail end of a Jeepney with a tail Board wrapped round that was unseen. Parked where he was never supposed to be and left very little room to pass and NO where to reverse or turn, others had followed me her route. Ye Gods you would think I had Murdered someone. OK so it is a bit worse than I imagined as last night as it was dark and raining quite heavy. No Street lights and Raining, visability was very low, Late Dusk, almost dark

After some 50 years of Driving a car I Know, these things happen and I will not loose any sleep over it. As a None car driver she routes me through areas that she knows are OK on her Bike but just does not understand that you can't do in a car what you can on a Bike.

Am I the only one or?

Jack:89:

Morning All:morning1:

I gave up driving here in 2012 ! we bought an old Nissan urvan mainly to run my son and daughter and Grandson around for the 2 weeks they were here on my 65th birthday and our 10th wedding Anniversary.

But driving around even locally can be Murder ! nobody gives way ! theres no rulebook ! and if the beggars see its you driving well they wont stop banging the window until the lights go green !

we eventually sold the car to the brother-in-law and the wife decided we need a new car !

lovely jubbly I thought now I can by a new Pickup !:thumbsup:

I gets all the brochures and off we go with another Bro in law to calamba

and we ends up with a Suzuki Ertiga !! As a Ford Explorer or a Toyota HiLux is not Practical !

And it would upset the neighbours ( Cousins ):571c66d400c8c_1(103):

She may be small but she is very demanding:SugarwareZ-037: but its that certain smile and I just give in !!

so we are now the proud owners of " Snowflake " our shiny White Suzuki ertiga

• Like 4

robert k
Posted
Posted

The one paying for it, the maintenance and the insurance should choose the vehicle.:smile:

mogo51
Posted
Posted
On 1/15/2017 at 9:07 AM, Dave Hounddriver said:

Then just hire a driver.  (Are there any 21 year old gorgeous filipina drivers looking for work LOL LOL LOL)

You never miss a chance Dave!!!

• Like 4

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

You have my sympathy Jack

Don't we all love back seat driver's, 40 years since I had a bump, till manoeuvring through the parking lot, (so that my sweetheart wouldn't have to walk so farrrrr!)

I clipped a parked car trying to get out of the way of a parking lot speedster. I am now very aware of the fact you are more likely to have a bump in a shopping mall car park than anywhere else.

• Like 3