Deeds & House Build

Steve GCC
Posted
Posted

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone here has built there own place and completed it.  Once finished, you already have the Deeds for the land it sits on.  What about Deeds or ownership document for the house itself?  In the UK you would have the deeds to prove you own the house, not just the land..............

Our house build is nearing completion so just trying to find out what happens............

Thanks

Steve

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Steve GCC said:

Our house build is nearing completion so just trying to find out what happens............

Nothing! Ours Title says, the lot Number............... and all Buildings & Chattels  thereon. is owned by Mrs ........../........

Married to ******....... ( British National)

So there you have it, they really do own Everything. You may have Paper drawn up and Notorized about the House BUT I doubt it would stand up in Court.

• Like 4

Steve GCC
Posted
Posted

Thanks Jack -

I realise its in wife's name and am fine with that.  Just the one deed, easy peesy

Cheers

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Corazon (My wife) just reminded me that when you have completed and go for you Occupation permit (Which you will need for permanent Electric & water) We (The Foreigner) don't get a look in, They are awarded to the Land owner only who's name they  already know from the Building permits. Well tucked up here you know.

occupancy permit.jpg

• Like 3

Steve GCC
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

go for you Occupation permit (Which you will need for permanent Electric & water) We (The Foreigner) don't get a look in,

ahhhh the occupancy certificate............Yes the one where the local Fire Dept have to come inspect first.  Sir you have two more rooms added in attic that are not on original permit plans. Yes thats correct but the walls are shown on plans.  Yes Sir but not doors.  It will be Peso 20k for amendments before we can issue our recommendation.  Wife does some talking, shakes his hand with a coloured piece of paper in it.....

Thank you Sir, we can now see the problem and will ensure recommendation done today.  The minor change now cost 10k

More fun in the PI

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Steve GCC said:

.Yes the one where the local Fire Dept have to come inspect

Followed by the Others to inspect your Electrics, Plumbing & other things that the City Engineer feels like checking.:omg:

Glad she owns the Place and not me  crying man.jpg

• Like 3

virginprune
Posted
Posted

When we had the Fire Dept inspection the guy started going on about fire hazards and the need for extinguishers. My SO asked him to explain to her how a clay brick house was more of a fire hazard than a bamboo house, which didn't need an extinguisher. This bamboozled him and he retreated from that demand and passed the house. 

We later found out that the Fire Chief had a private business selling, yes you guessed it, fire extinguishers!

• Like 5

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Ahh and I thouht it was only in Thailand!!

jpbago
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, mogo51 said:

Ahh and I thouht it was only in Thailand!!

Definitely here too. In the Sun Star Bacolod, the former mayor had been suspended 3 times, now he is being fined and his son is dismissed, the current mayor is also suspended but is ignoring the order from Ombudsman. They have sticky fingers.

http://www.sunstar.com.ph/bacolod/local-news/2017/01/18/ombudsman-rules-suspension-bacolod-ex-mayor-dismissal-son-520747

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, jpbago said:

Definitely here too. In the Sun Star Bacolod, the former mayor had been suspended 3 times, now he is being fined and his son is dismissed, the current mayor is also suspended but is ignoring the order from Ombudsman. They have sticky fingers.

http://www.sunstar.com.ph/bacolod/local-news/2017/01/18/ombudsman-rules-suspension-bacolod-ex-mayor-dismissal-son-520747

Yes just like super glue only stronger.

• Like 2